• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How do I clean my prizm polarized lens?

Oakleykye

Oakley Beginner
I just got a pair of flak 2.0 XL with the prizm daily polarized lens I have only had them for a week and there’s already scratches what I’m I doing wrong I have a spray bottle with just water I spray them then while there still wet I wipe them off with my microfiber cloth I do that daily and there’s scratches and I don’t know how there there!?

Oakley recommend the nano clear, you can get for 30 usd in the web

8F29B8A8-BD3E-41B3-9E6F-E4238E38E9CC.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a pair of flak 2.0 XL with the prizm daily polarized lens I have only had them for a week and there’s already scratches what I’m I doing wrong I have a spray bottle with just water I spray them then while there still wet I wipe them off with my microfiber cloth I do that daily and there’s scratches and I don’t know how there there!?

What activities are you doing while wearing your glasses? What kind of microfiber cloth are you using?

Even though you're using a spray bottle, that may not be enough to remove fine dirt particles that can get stuck to your lenses. Simply spraying water and then wiping will drag the particles across your lenses. Also you need to clean the cloth as dirt will stick to it, so when you reuse the cloth without cleaning, you're just gonna keep scratching it.

What activities are you doing while wearing your glasses? What kind of microfiber cloth are you using?

Even though you're using a spray bottle, that may not be enough to remove fine dirt particles that can get stuck to your lenses. Simply spraying water and then wiping will drag the particles across your lenses. Also you need to clean the cloth as dirt will stick to it, so when you reuse the cloth without cleaning, you're just gonna keep scratching it.
I use them for daily use and for road biking and mountain biking I clean my cloth about once every 3 days and i use the cloth that comes with the sunglasses and I’m I supposed to clean the cloth after every single use and how should I clean them from now on to prevent scratches any ideas?

I use them for daily use and for road biking and mountain biking I clean my cloth about once every 3 days and i use the cloth that comes with the sunglasses and I’m I supposed to clean the cloth after every single use and how should I clean them from now on to prevent scratches any ideas?

Ok, so that's why i ask. You're probably getting a lot of dirt, grime, sweat as you're using it for biking. Using the cloth daily or multiple times a day, and then only cleaning it once every 3 days is probably a bad idea. You should probably carry multiple cloths and only using them once. Also, if your lenses are getting THAT dirty, try rinsing them with water before you wipe. At least that way you're minimizing the possibility of scratching. I would also be giving the frame and lenses as a whole a good cleaning when i'm at home to increase the longevity of your glasses. The rubber will start to break down if you sweat and don't clean them. The material is designed to absorb sweat to increase holding power.

I personally use a mild hand soap like the Method brand to clean both my microclear bags and cloths. I also use it on my lenses. Just run under sink water and then put some soap on.

Here's my process:
-Remove lenses and rubber
-Rinse under running water
-Apply soap to bag. Scrub outside and flip inside out to scrub inside. Rinse and hang dry
-Apply soap to hands, lather, then clean lenses, rubber, and frames. Rinse.
-Use a towel to dry frames and rubber.
-Use microclear bag (dry one) to wipe lenses
-Use compressed air to blow water out of the frames

Wait why do you need windex does it remove scratches or is it for cleaning?

They're joking.

Back