• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Do I Know If Juliet Lenses Are Authentic?

Am I extra dumb? I can't figure out how to PM him?
You have to get your post count up and wait 2 weeks before you can access the exchange areas to buy lenses from him.

Be careful. Some lenses that are etched are not genuine Oakley. There's a guy from the UK here who was selling etched Chinese made lenses (which some thought were Chinese knockoffs), but which he said were made by Carl Zeiss.

Am I extra dumb? I can't figure out how to PM him?
You could get a message to him on eBay until you unlock the privilege here... just dont mention there about buying them elsewhere than the eBay platform. They have spy's :cool-33:

all my OEM lenses have a beveled edges and not sharp edges and they are between 1.4 and 1.6 mm of thickness. If you pm me a picture of the lenses I’m pretty good at spotting non oem pairs. The hardest ones to spot though are black lenses because a number of factors. @Chris A Hardaway can hook you up with custom cuts or I myself have several oem pairs that are OG non custom cuts just let me know what exactly your looking for and ill see if I have it

all my OEM lenses have a beveled edges and not sharp edges and they are between 1.4 and 1.6 mm of thickness. If you pm me a picture of the lenses I’m pretty good at spotting non oem pairs. The hardest ones to spot though are black lenses because a number of factors. @Chris A Hardaway can hook you up with custom cuts or I myself have several oem pairs that are OG non custom cuts just let me know what exactly your looking for and ill see if I have it
Yeah, the cheap ones I've come across are flimsy. The heartier lenses will have the tapered edge @Walter Langkowski described.

Thanks for the input guys. I'll get a set through Chris.

I think the lenses I have now are "Fire"? What do you guys think? Are they Fire?

Also considering gold.

Oak 3.jpg

Oak1.jpg

Thanks for the input guys. I'll get a set through Chris.

I think the lenses I have now are "Fire"? What do you guys think? Are they Fire?

Also considering gold.

View attachment 946844

View attachment 946842
Yep they are fire... one of the darkest shades. Gold is so much more pleasant to look through. You have my vote! If you can find the original gold iridium and not the 24k I think they are one of the best all around lenses.... hard to find a donor anymore though

Yep they are fire... one of the darkest shades. Gold is so much more pleasant to look through. You have my vote! If you can find the original gold iridium and not the 24k I think they are one of the best all around lenses.... hard to find a donor anymore though

You think the Fire is "shaded" more than gold? I'll probably stick with Fire then. I like how the gold looks. But I think the Fire's are alreday a bit light. I'm pretty photo-phobic. I can almost wear them in the dark!:cool:

Latest Posts

Back