• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How do others react when they see you’re crazy about Oakleys?

Most people just don't get it. They say they all look the same to them but each pair has it's own uniqueness. My Uncle calls me Hollywood each time he sees me with a pair on regardless of which pair. My old co-workers would ask which pair I have today and one even started sending me links for sales through Amazon for Oakleys! Anyone else just smiles and walks away/changes the conversation. It is just something I enjoy and don't plan on stopping anytime soon.

Most people dont get it, one comment that i have heard more than once is, "you only got 1 head" followed by "why you need so many"
In my case i got introduced to the brand by a friend from High School and a friend to present time, he is the only one that gets it and i have hook him up whit some pairs.

I am over 100 pairs now i am not thinkin in stopping anytime soon, for this year i am looking for older and classic pieces, or quality or a rarer piece over quantity.

Last edited:
Let’s be honest. Most people might have five sunglasses tops. We on the other hand have more Oakleys than we know what to do with.

People have said I’ve wasted my money, that I’m totally crazy and that my collection is the biggest they’ve ever seen (they haven’t met this forum yet🤣)
My Dad calls me Hollywood and always jokes that there will be a fire sale soon. He’s also trying to steal my Xeus’.

What does your “normal” family and friends say about you and your Oakley addiction?
My collection was small maybe 30 pieces but top quality. When I found a tower and put it in my office my wife thought I was a weirdo. After a few months, sold the tower for a good profit and some of my collection. The rest sits in a safe and sees daylight maybe x2/year. Need to sell remaining pieces for someone to appreciate more often. But hard because I don't need the money.

Most people dont get it, one comment that i have heard more than once is, "you only got 1 head" followed by "why you need so many"
In my case i got introduced to the brand by a friend from High School and a friend to present time, he is the only one that gets it and i have hook him up whit some pairs.

I am over 100 pairs now i am not thinkin in stopping anytime soon, for this year i am looking for older and classic pieces, or quality or a rarer piece over quantity.
No different than women and their shoes.

Back