• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How do they measure up? Weights of some different pairs of Oakleys

After I got my Tombstone I remarked how incredibly light they felt when wearing them. Having just gotten a scale for other purposes I decided to break it out and see how things compared

First up, the heaviest at 35g, the Jawbreaker

Det Cords are 37 grams, and the Radar Pace is 46 grams.

EV Zero Path are 22 grams. My M frame 1.0 with Hybrid S is 24 grams. These are the lightest Oakley I've found.

ESS 5B is 33 grams, but meets the MIL STD for blast protection, same as the ballistic line of Oakley. This requires a 2.2mm lens which is heavier than Z87+ lenses, and much heavier than Oakley normal line of lenses which aren't certified to Z87+

Z87+ has kinetic energy of about 1 joule where as the MIL PRF is over 7 joules and uses a FSP fragmentation pellet versus a ball bearing for ANSI.

Last edited:
Det Cords are 37 grams, and the Radar Pace is 46 grams.

EV Zero Path are 22 grams. My M frame 1.0 with Hybrid S is 24 grams. These are the lightest Oakley I've found.

ESS 5B is 33 grams, but meets the MIL STD for blast protection, same as the ballistic line of Oakley. This requires a 2.2mm lens which is heavier than Z87+ lenses, and much heavier than Oakley normal line of lenses which aren't certified to Z87+
Great 7th post. Thanks!!

Flak Beta is 21 grams
I measured my M Frame Alpha at 33 grams

So that means the Flak Beta is the lightest pair of Oakleys I have seen. Previously it was the EV Zero Path at 22 grams.

Last edited:
That's why I love this forum, even I learnt something new. Never new the radarlocks and radar paths were the same weight. Always felt like those radarlocks way more meaty. I love the radar ev, superb range imo, how does that weight up?

Flak Beta is 21 grams
I measured my M Frame Alpha at 33 grams

So that means the Flak Beta is the lightest pair of Oakleys I have seen. Previously it was the EV Zero Path at 22 grams.
Updated
My Radar EV Path weighed 28 grams.
Updated

That's why I love this forum, even I learnt something new. Never new the radarlocks and radar paths were the same weight. Always felt like those radarlocks way more meaty. I love the radar ev, superb range imo, how does that weight up?
Thanks.

I noticed you were missing some M Frame 2 and 3 weights. Here are some other Oakley weights as well:

Chainlink Asian: 27 grams
Scalpel: 29 grams
Straight Jacket: 30 grams

M Frame 3.0 Hybrid: 27 grams
M Frame 3.0 Hybrid Vented: 28 grams (not sure why it is 1 gram heavier with all those holes)
M Frame 3.0 Agro: 30 grams
M Frame 2.0 Hybrid: 31 grams

Great thread. Here's my contribution --

New Racing Jacket (renamed Jawbones) -- 29g
Ti Square Wire -- 23g
Tincan Carbon -- 30g
Holbrook -- 26-27g (two different pairs)
Holbrook Metal -- 35g
X Metal XX -- 45g (matches previous entry)
EVZero Path -- 21g
Radar (original) - 28g
Radar EV Path -- 28g

Back