• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Do You Acquire Oakleys

So how do you make your Oakley purchases? Where do you get your best deals?

A mix like everyone else I suppose. I formerly worked for a company that I was afforded an employee pricing with Oakley so most of my "current" models were acquired during that time. A few limited release were just luck in availability and timing and I paid full price like everyone else either via Oakley or the company they released it for specifically.

My discontinued/old school items were acquired half over time, I've been wearing Oakley since 1990, and part from ebay. Ebay wasn't as scandalous six years ago, while research was still necessary to not get scammed, it wasn't at the level of fakes it is presently. Buying older models made it more about condition as no one was trying to fake them like a presently available such as the Pit Boss.

Recently I have gotten a few via this forum. A mix of newer styles and some older that are in the mail as we speak. :dance:

My wife is in law enforcement. The first Oakleys I got in my adult life I bought there last June. Only pair I've bought from there so far (although continue to kick myself for not buying POW/MIA Fuel Cell when it was on there). If they release that new camo Fuel Cell on there, that will be mine though.

Same here bro. I saw it did not buy it, I thought it was going to stay for awhile, now gone.

I mostly shop on eBay. I've gotten some good deals in brick and mortar stores over the years, (Sunglass Hut and my first 2 pairs of Penny's came from Beachfitters Sunglass Shop). Of course I've bought several here on OF. I've also snagged some up through OakleySI. Back in the day, the site actually sold Juliet's at a great discount!
I've tried Craigslist a few times and 2 of the times I got scammed on Oakley watches, both in the same week. That just about did it for me for Craigslist. Thank goodness for buyer protection. It's still a PITA to have to go through. The only Craigslist I'll consider now are face to face transactions. That's about it for my Oakley addiction.

Last edited:
Oakley vault I've gotten some nice deals at, bass pro shop (if you're desperate), sunglasses hut- REI outdoors gear, if you look around, especially at outdoors shops, you're bound to find some legit Oakley's near you just don't expect them to be on sale lol.

Based on what I have learned from this site, I don't believe I would buy anywhere else but this site or at an O store. Too many fakes out there and I cannot tell the difference.

Back