• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Do you Keep the Clear 4.0 Stands from hitting lenses?

At least I don't have a ton....may just sell them and figure out another display solution.....because I will either have to put felt pads on them or sand them down or put rubber pads or something....just wondered what people usually did.

At least I don't have a ton....may just sell them and figure out another display solution.....because I will either have to put felt pads on them or sand them down or put rubber pads or something....just wondered what people usually did.
I believe @CarGuy posted somewhere on the forum about using a Dremel cutting wheel and basically cut the point off on each side as to not hit the back of the lense.

i just add rubbers to the ear sections to provide extra grip for the glasses so that they don't slide and have the holder hit the lens.

I also add silicone to the front sharp corners as a rubberised padding just in case the lenses do touch the holder. No amount of shaving/sanding a plastic frame will safeguard you from a scratch if the lenses rub against solid plastic

Try this idea/ concept, it might work on the clear, this prevent the frame to slide backwards.
And those are rubber attached on the tip.

d3cf53d3936dc8679ca3689cc281707c.jpg

352b0b732ddbeb059e33d124a322de67.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Back