• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How do you keep track of your collection?

I guess if I would have started with O Review it would have been easier to keep it up but I started with just a spreadsheet. Also, I keep it in my google drive with offline copies on my MacBook and iPhone that sync up when I edit them so I don't need an internet connection to look at it.

Do yall delete pairs when you sell them or mark them sold in O Review?

I guess if I would have started with O Review it would have been easier to keep it up but I started with just a spreadsheet. Also, I keep it in my google drive with offline copies on my MacBook and iPhone that sync up when I edit them so I don't need an internet connection to look at it.

I delete them and also do sold

I haven't sold many to be honest. Like 5 ever. But I've marked em sold so I know years from now what I once had I guess

I just give stuff away. :whistle:

I haven't sold many to be honest. Like 5 ever. But I've marked em sold so I know years from now what I once had I guess
That's kind of why I keep records of the sold ones too. I could tell you the serial number on every X Metal that's ever passed through my hands.

I'll send you my address.

I was chatting with someone last night and the topic of inventory came up. That got me thinking, what do y'all do for keeping track of stuff?

I have an excel workbook with different sheets for glasses, watches, display stuff, spare parts, everything, even a want list. Each sheet has all the details of the purchase and if it was sold it has all that info too. It goes back as far as 1999 as that's the oldest receipts I could find when I started it. I've always kept records but when I started working insurance claims I realized the need for it.

I can't believe The Listmiester hasn't brought this up yet!
Listmeister at your service. Lol.

Yeah, I use O-review. I always include my buy price in Australian dollars and put the serial number (if there is any) in the serial section as well as any interesting note to myself e.g. Ducati LE, David Flores, flying tigers, prototype, blends etc.

I do that because sometimes it's hard to remember what the special edition is when only the description is provided. Also, the "serial" number is exported in the excel spreadsheet (not all categories are exported).

I also include the details of who I bought the item from in the Notes section and if I sell it, I include the buyer's name and detail I need to identify them (just in case there's a problem, or someone contacts me to verify that my item is genuine etc).

When I sell, I enter the "sell" price in the appropriate category, tick the "I don't have it any more" box and mark the item as "sold" so that it still "remains" searchable if you want to review what sales you did. If you hit "delete" after you sold (or gave away), it disappears completely.

It may not be important to you, but I try to keep the list updated so I can keep track of the collection and find stuff easily.

I find it useful to keep track of what I should be selling stuff for because often I just can't remember what I ended up paying for items a few years ago!!!

Last edited:
Lies! o_O

Microsoft Excel is your friend. And when you put in dollar amounts and use formulas to add up all the money you've sunk into that ridiculous Oakley collection...
You vomit, save the document, close it out, and make sure the significant other doesn't have access to it :D. As far as they know, those Oakleys cost less than $100/pair.

Edit....
Actually, give your significant other a phone number to one of your most trusted Oakley buddies here on the forum. That way, in the event of your death, they can call up "Oakley buddy" and get information on your ridiculous Oakley collection. "Oakley buddy" knows way more about it than your family does, so they will appreciate the gesture. Make sure to promise "Oakley buddy" a percentage for selling off your collection on your behalf in order to give the money to your family. Your family will be thrilled to know you are leaving them with a lot more than they were originally expecting. "Oakley buddy" will be happy because they are getting a cut of the profits. Everybody wins!!! :)

I'm dead serious by the way.... I have an "Oakley buddy." Do you? If not; i'll be glad to be your "Oakley buddy." :crazypilot:

Last edited:
Back