• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How do you keep track of your collection?

You can lose data on any platform for any variety of reasons. The key is always to have backup of your data. Unfortunately for those using the O Review, they didn't download their collection every so often. It's a good thing I downloaded my collection from the O Review every so often so I am all set. But when the O Review comes back, I will still use their platform because it is really is the best method for keeping track of your collection, but I will be even more vigilant on downloading and backing up my data. I recommend everyone do the same, and the advice goes for any platform you choose to use. I've lost enough data due to corrupt hard drives and USB sticks that I know it's worth the extra hassle.

Last edited:
Personal spreadsheets with all the info I need. I did start to upload to O-Review but it was really clunky and cumbersome and didn't add value to me personally over and above the spreadsheets, so I never finished.

I only recently learned how to download my OReview collection data, but not how to keep it...
:sorry:
All is lost.
Lucky me, I only have a small collection squirrelled away...60, or is it 61...

Reviving this to see if anyone has messed with barcode scanning and inventory management apps.

Ideas?

My thought was to group everything into it's own box/bag and attach a barcode or simply scan the SN one on the box with my phone. then an app would do 1 of 2 things: if it already exists, it would pull up the record for the item, or, prompt you to fill out a form for a new record.

I would use the categories already in O-review and list them as a pull-down option.

Finally, either on a website or on the phone, add photos, link receipts any relevant info.

Last edited:
Back