• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How do you keep your Oakleys from sliding?

Frogskins

I am Jim Jannard...
New Jersey
I'm guessing this has to happen to others out there, and it drives me a little nuts ...

Of course I keep my Oakleys lined up in my case so like most of you.

I'm guessing my wood floor shakes slightly, so this is causing some of the glasses to move slightly along the shelves.

Check out the picture - a few days ago they were lined up. Now the fuel cell is touching the pair behind it.

I know I can keep the shades on a microfiber bag and this will solve the problem.

But I prefer to display the glasses directly on the shelves (looks better, more light passes through, it's how the store displays em, yadda yadda yadda ...)

Anybody have this problem? If so, how do you prevent em from moving?

IMG_2990.jpg

Put a felt or rubber pad under each corner of the case.

Get some 3d printed rail stands from @SiRacer420. It will keep them in place and also display them very nicely. They’re modular too so you can choose how long or short you want. Plus you can get virtually any color you want including glow in the dark (my fav)
7348d6d3355b2ab9f6f6c3b31ef3421c.jpg

d6665cb9d8fb39bb57b108af3f7dc94f.jpg
5e02f878e6df1d502d4a45c6f6b8bd62.jpg

c117d4328450d0280ba89670796aec7b.jpg

If you want to keep the look that you have without blocking the light shining through the top / bottom of the plexiglass shelf by putting in a rubber matting, you could always try a non-slip spray... and you could always use the balance of what's left in the tin in other parts of your home.
View attachment 579123

Cool idea.

Question - does the spray make the shelves less clear, in other words, opaque?

Cool idea.

Question - does the spray make the shelves less clear, in other words, opaque?
To be honest, I haven't used this or any similar product. All my frames are perched on risers.
If you do decide to go through with the expense, I would do a test on a off-cut piece of perspex & glass before spraying the shelves.

Back