• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Do You Make A Decision?

I like buying things retail if it is convenient for me (depends on how much cash and if I can find what I am looking for). I generally have a good idea of what I want though walking into an O store, but I like to talk sunglasses with the employees as well because it really is a social experience for me. Anytime I go to an O store though, I buy something just because we don't have one here where I live.

I usually walk into the O-store already knowing of something I want to buy since I usually have word of new models before the O employees know thanks to the forums. Rarely am I surprised now. Anything still sold by Oakley, I always get from Oakley because I rather pay full price for a mint item from Oakley than save money but press my luck in getting something that's been handled or comes with factory defects etc. Especially since it's a hassle to return/exchange items through sellers on Ebay or other online stores. Since I have 3 O-stores and 2 Vaults around me, I can look through quite a bit of on hand inventory or just order online until I'm happy with easy returns to any O-store. Only because I have OCD thanks to being a quality engineer.

I like buying things retail if it is convenient for me (depends on how much cash and if I can find what I am looking for). I generally have a good idea of what I want though walking into an O store, but I like to talk sunglasses with the employees as well because it really is a social experience for me. Anytime I go to an O store though, I buy something just because we don't have one here where I live.
This is my philosophy to the T

My vault road trips have netted me some great stuff. I usually try and stay to what I like and not pick up another line just because I end up running out of room on the display shelves. Vintage stuff or future trade stuff is a different story.

I have four O-stores within a 50 mile radius: three stores, one vault. Two are in the city, and I'll go in because I'm usually in those areas anyway, and I like looking for limited or area-exclusive stuff. The third is in the mall, so that's a given if I haven't been there in a while, to walk around and look at new colorways. The vault is in a Tanger Outlet mall, so that's a given when I shop there. As for making decisions, I decide before I even get there I'm going to buy it in store, retail price. Lately nothing has struck me from the store, so I've been on eBay and this forum for fresh pairs, but I have my options open.

Back