• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Do You Store Your R1?

Jotheman

Oakley Beginner
So how do you keep your R1s when you are out? Because the R1s fit into the X-metal soft vault but barely... and its a pretty tight fit... So was wondering how you guys store them! Thanks! :)

Well....if you don't have a display case (I have a small one just as a stop gap until I somehow track down an Ikea Klingsbo), you can find an X Metal Vault (the actual metal one) which will fit them, OR get an X Squared zipper case. The X Squared case is bigger and fits even the Pit Boss and easily holds the R1. They are available on eBay or with any X Squared when you buy one...you can tell the difference because the XS cases are more torpedo shaped than flat.

Is there Way tell the difference between between Juliet x-metal vault and x-squared vault?

The X Metal vault is made out of metal, large enough to store any X Metal piece and the XS vault is a soft case, also large enough for any X Metal piece and as mentioned above, even the Pitboss fits in there. Both have the X Metal X logo

Is there Way tell the difference between between Juliet x-metal vault and x-squared vault?

The X-Metal Soft Vault??

The only discernible difference really between the regular X-Metal Soft Vault and the X-Squared Soft Vault is the shape. As UCDavis4PT0gpa noted above, the X-Squared Soft Vault is not as flat, but rather, more torpedo shape.

If I'm out and have my Romeo 1.0's with me, they stay on my face! I avoid taking them off or putting them down! :cool::tongue:

Well I do that with all my Oakleys but for some reason I assumed the OP meant how to store them at hiome....probably because like you when I'm out they don't leave my head

Actually I was talking about at home and outside. Outside because the weight can get annoying if left on top of the head...

Actually I was talking about at home and outside. Outside because the weight can get annoying if left on top of the head...

I have a huge head....weight doesn't bother me...but for safety sake (not having them fly off the top of my head) I take them off and put them on the back of my neck. This keeps my hair nice (when I'm not shaving it like now), oils etc off the glasses and is a more secure place. Looks kind of 1980's but many would argue the X Metal line already looks 1980's so...

Back