• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How do you use this stand?

TheDukeOfIce

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Silicon Valley, CA
Curious how you have seen this type of stand being used?

I’m thinking perhaps a small wood section to make it level, with some room for the ear stems to rest on.
Perhaps put a Aluminum skin atop to keep the theme going?
Or wrap the wood in carbon fiber....

FC5D042D-D59F-41D1-80AE-52AFB231FB22.jpeg

D163BB0F-4214-40B5-820D-989C481F8D52.jpeg

I would like to wait for a second opinion about the setup.
No contact if I remember it right.

Is it meant to sit on the edge of a counter with the front half sticking out?

Both variations of the stand are supposed to be used to display a shield lens type, eg: M frame lens.
Always good to know original design intention, Thank you!

Any clue what went -behind- my stand? It falls over backwards unless propped up. Guessing like @Broccoli mentioned it went to the front of something.

My display goal is to display all my metals on metal stands, and O-matters on various plastic stands :)

Always good to know original design intention, Thank you!

Any clue what went -behind- my stand? It falls over backwards unless propped up. Guessing like @Broccoli mentioned it went to the front of something.

My display goal is to display all my metals on metal stands, and O-matters on various plastic stands :)
I have the stand that StG pictured. I have seen your stand only in pics but never held one.
Wondering if there is another portion it might be attaching to.

I have seen yours only displayed on a flat surface with a shield lens, possibly giving it a different angle viewing head-on.

Back