• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Does Everyone Feel About Fast Jackets?

I feel like the Fast jackets tried to fix something that wasnt really broken, I.E, the Fast jackets were made to facilitate speedy lens changes, so the wearer could "Be protected in any condition". That's really the only thing different between Fast's, and Flak's. I personally dont think i need to buy more expensive Fasts just so i can change lenses a few seconds faster than my flaks. IMO

[quote="Dustin McGraw, post: 214252, member: 4429" That's really the only thing different between Fast's, and Flak's.[/quote]

I would say the size and fit are a big difference as well.

I feel like the Fast jackets tried to fix something that wasnt really broken, I.E, the Fast jackets were made to facilitate speedy lens changes, so the wearer could "Be protected in any condition". That's really the only thing different between Fast's, and Flak's. I personally dont think i need to buy more expensive Fasts just so i can change lenses a few seconds faster than my flaks. IMO
The Fast Jacket was designed with daily lens changing in mind. Yes you can do it with a Flak Jacket but years of daily lens changing will wear out both the frame and lenses. With the Switchlock system the lens is essentially floating in the frame rather than being snapped in at the corners so there are no pressure points.

It also doesn't warp the lens itself which means less distortion from being mounted in a frame.

Batwolf hit the nail on the head. I've been using Radars and Flaks for a while now and I've noticed that the O-Matter frames do tend to lose some stiffness over time with frequent lens changes. Over the winter, I bought two pairs of Fast Jackets and I like them a lot. As a competitive athlete, I switch out lenses quite often and I really like the Fasts. I'm considering wearing them for games this season instead of my trusty Flaks. I've also noticed a lot more Major League ballplayers wearing Fast Jackets during spring training this year. Up unitl now, you really only saw ballplayers rocking Radars or Flaks. So I guess they're starting to catch on for baseball now as well.

Granted, there's not much crossover from sporting world like there is with Flak Jackets (the switch-lock levers sort of trade style for functionality) but as a pure sports frame, I think the Fast Jacket is one of the best out there. I just hope they eventually offer as large a lens selection as they do for the Flak Jacket.

i have two fast jackets, silver and polished black w/ black iridium polarized. love the fit, style design, and the switchlock system being much easier on the lenses and not as abusive liek the flaks.

That being said I now have two pair of Fast Jackets and will get the holiday kit to round out the collection. I have the lemon peel frame with fire and the white polished with transitions lens currently. I have never liked the flak jackets as far as fit and style for me, but I enjoy my half jackets.

Back