• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How does Prizm Shallow Water compare to Tungsten Iridium?

DKO

Oakley Enthusiast
626, SGV, CA
Hi all,

So I've always said Tungsten Iridium Polarized is my favorite all around lens ever. But I also wrote a thread about how Prizm Tungsten seems to be replacing it, and I don't like Prizm Tungsten that much. I think its too light for bright sun conditions.
I don't own any Prizm Shallows. But when reading the forum it seems like its just a Tungsten type lens with a heavier iridium coating, which I like.
But then alot of members here say they don't like the Prizm Shallow lens.

For those of you who have both Tungsten Iridium and Prizm Shallow. Do you think they are similar? Would you recommend them to me or others who love Tungsten iridium.

Thanks.

Hi all,

so I've always said Tungsten Iridium Polarized is my favorite all around lens ever. But I also wrote a thread about how Prizm Tungsten seems to be replacing it, and I don't like Prizm Tungsten that much. I think its too light for bright sun conditions.
I don't own any Prizm Shallows. But when reading the forum it seems like its just a Tungsten type lens with a heavier iridium coating, which I like.
But then alot of members here say they don't like the Prizm Shallow lens.

For those of you who have both Tungsten Iridium and Prizm Shallow. Do you think they are similar? Would you recommend them to me or others who love Tungsten iridium.

Thanks.

The iridium isn't very heavy (less than Jade etc.) and afaik (don't have both lenses out at the moment) it isn't as dark as tungsten iridium polarized. Nice lens, but it isn't very good for very bright light.

Here you go:

Normal on top
Tungsten Iridium in middle
Shallow Water on Bottom

615515DA-1674-44BD-AFE1-18B862F2AE8F.jpeg
0C7B102B-141D-439A-AB28-A7B0F2979C7B.jpeg

84E63F47-88BC-4829-B6E6-ECF10C53B7A5.jpeg

I think it’s situational. I used my SWP for my Flaks as an alternative for overcast, but ended up using my Road lenses over them. So I had them cut for a set of Splice frames, to differentiate my lens options in that frame. Still think it’s a cool lens. Very different

thanks for this. It does look like Prizm Shallow is too light. Its not even that bright in your backyard.

I wouldn't mind Prizm Maritime as a replacement for Tungsten Iridium, except nothing in Asia Fit, and very few options for lens only.
Maritime prizm is very flexible, great for overcast and bright light.

I find Prizm Daily Polarized to be the most versatile and pretty close to the original Tungsten Polarized in terms of use in all conditions

I like shallow for those overcast days, though I find OO BIP/VR28 bi more versatile. I still love my DWP sets

Latest Posts

Back