• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Does Serial # Effect Juliet Value?

• Thread starter buyoday
  • Start date
Saw these Gen. 1 Juliets just listed and already have 5 bids. They do have a serial, but I am wondering how does the Serial # effect the value? Is it the same unless it is a rare number like <10? These are definitely going to go high, just wondering how to value the serial. Any advice?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Oakley...7?pt=UK_Sunglasses_Adults&hash=item4d0e8fe955

You won't find any standard serials less than 10, but it all depends. Some people will pay more for a low number, some people don't care.

I am not so sure those are Oakley Fire lenses. They are dark as can be, but all of the fire that I have ever seen are bright yellow. Looks more like a ruby color. But that is not to say a small batch went out originally. But I don't think so, the only rare 1st gen lenses seem to be the Purple Ruby, and the Very Blue lenses. The Frame is nice no question, It has not aged like many 1st gen plasmas have. The yellower they are the more desirable they are. It is a very nice color and so different than the current plasma. The serial is so high that it is just good to say you have one with a serial. Maybe a couple extra bucks worth but like Qtrain says some care, some don't. Hope this helps

if i read correctly somewhere in the forum, earlier (gen 1 or even gen 2) fire lenses had more orange than yellow tints. and the serial number only confirms the colorway...IMO third pic shows the truest color of the juliets...very nice...

I am not so sure those are Oakley Fire lenses. They are dark as can be, but all of the fire that I have ever seen are bright yellow. Looks more like a ruby color. But that is not to say a small batch went out originally. But I don't think so, the only rare 1st gen lenses seem to be the Purple Ruby, and the Very Blue lenses. The Frame is nice no question, It has not aged like many 1st gen plasmas have. The yellower they are the more desirable they are. It is a very nice color and so different than the current plasma. The serial is so high that it is just good to say you have one with a serial. Maybe a couple extra bucks worth but like Qtrain says some care, some don't. Hope this helps
Ive seen if its not polarized fire oakley sells as fire but looks ruby

Ok, so I am not too far off then. That is good to know. They appear very authentic no question, just the lenses bugged me. Also anyone notice the plasma has not aged?

like i mentioned, pic three shows the nice amber plasma finish...
Thats what I noticed also. The pic with the serial is also amberish. But all the others, including the ones taken outside appear to me more silvery. Maybe I am getting old. My two 1st gen plasma, are really aged compared to this. And both are about the same serial. Mine are JI though.

Thats what I noticed also. The pic with the serial is also amberish. But all the others, including the ones taken outside appear to me more silvery. Maybe I am getting old. My two 1st gen plasma, are really aged compared to this. And both are about the same serial. Mine are JI though.
think it's just the light and camera settings. that's the problem i have when taking pics of my oaks (which i seldom do), lenses (especially rubies) do not come out right, frame finishes become darker, etc. bu the ebay juliet you posted really seems nice. only recently, i purchased first gen juliets. now i know why many are complaining that the newer plasmas are not as nice as the first and second gen plasmas. the first ones really look nice, save for the deterioration if not taken cared of.

I am assuming you mean the 1st gen I have with blue lenses? It seems a little beat up , compared to the one we are talking about, but It is all the manufacturing issues in casting that causes that. Not really wear and tear.

Back