• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How is Mibenn not kicked off the forum

Not sure what to tell you there. Maybe send an email to the PayPal email you sent the $ to? I wouldn’t expect to ever see your money refunded from him unfortunately
If he was a scammer of course the money is gone
I never sent any money via friends and family on PayPal before to strangers for purchases, but I thought users on this forum are monitored more carefully

Hopefully this thread stays up. Best way to deal w scammers here is to be vigilant and have discernment.

There are lots of ways to scam. Just because an item was shipped, doesn’t meant what is inside is what you were expecting to get. G&S is your best bet to deal with pretty much any issue. If you got a pair of glasses and the lenses were FUBAR when claimed otherwise you would be covered. F&F you’re stuck with some shifty lenses with no recourse.

If he was a scammer of course the money is gone
I never sent any money via friends and family on PayPal before to strangers for purchases, but I thought users on this forum are monitored more carefully

Yea unfortunately that’s not the case. How could anyone monitor a voluntary transaction between you and someone else in private?

Just pay in G&S going forward and you’ll be fine

Yea unfortunately that’s not the case. How could anyone monitor a voluntary transaction between you and someone else in private?

Just pay in G&S going forward and you’ll be fine
Not any transaction but in general members in the forum he was member for multiple month and if he tries to scam people I was probaply not the first

Not any transaction but in general members in the forum he was member for multiple month and if he tries to scam people I was probaply not the first

There are hundreds of accounts that have been members for a long time with very little to no activity. You would be better off basing an established member, not by membership time, but actual engagement on the forum. Posting, liking and just taking up a general interest in being here.

Also, use the user rating/feedback system on their profile page

Last edited:
There are hundreds of accounts that have been members for a long time with very little to no activity. You would be better basing an established member, not by membership time, but actual engagement on the forum. Posting, liking and just taking up a general interest in being here.

Also, use the user rating/feedback system on their profile page
I did but it was 100% at that time

Back