• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How is the pantoscopic tilt usually handled?

moonlightpanacea

Oakley Beginner
I have a pair of Oakley Barrelhouse with Oakley Digital Progressive lenses and because the tilt angle is a lot higher than my old frames, I'm having issues with them. I'm able to wear them raised up a bit from my nose with the arms against my ears (not on top of them as they should be) to simulate the angle of my previous glasses and everything is nearly perfect. I've given the new ones well over 60 days and the difference between my old and new prescription is minimal.

The eyewear dispenser is at a loss as to how to fix them and is pushing me towards a refund. It doesn't look like they bend the same way that other frames do so that might be the cause.

In my limited reading I've come across formulas used and even a calculator which allows the dispenser to enter the values from the prescription as well as the pantoscopic tilt and the prescription values to order are generated. I've verified that the glasses they gave me match my prescription from the doctor and it hasn't been modified.

I'm just curious about other's experience.

I have a pair of Oakley Barrelhouse with Oakley Digital Progressive lenses and because the tilt angle is a lot higher than my old frames, I'm having issues with them. I'm able to wear them raised up a bit from my nose with the arms against my ears (not on top of them as they should be) to simulate the angle of my previous glasses and everything is nearly perfect. I've given the new ones well over 60 days and the difference between my old and new prescription is minimal.

The eyewear dispenser is at a loss as to how to fix them and is pushing me towards a refund. It doesn't look like they bend the same way that other frames do so that might be the cause.

In my limited reading I've come across formulas used and even a calculator which allows the dispenser to enter the values from the prescription as well as the pantoscopic tilt and the prescription values to order are generated. I've verified that the glasses they gave me match my prescription from the doctor and it hasn't been modified.

I'm just curious about other's experience.
This frame is adjustable metal. So they should be able to flatten or lessen the panto tilt... or ask if you can redo them to "customized digital" lenses.... ones that take special "point of wear" measurements.... can they be remade for a small upcharge?

Not all digital lenses accept custom wrap vertex and panto measurements. But the highest level lenses always do. If they already did 1 redo they might not do another free one.

But someone who is good at adjusting should have flat pliers that are optical tools to adjust this flatter. It also sounds like they have the seg height or oc height too low. Print this and take it in to them. Should help. Ps, sometimes removing lenses, then adjusting, and reinstalling is best and easiest practice.

Back