• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How It's Made: Revant Elite HC3®

Do the elite series come in different lens tints, or is it a single tint exclusive to the elite series lens?
they come in different lens tints, but not ALL colors are available (depending on frames)...

I have some Elite HC3 Titanium Mirror Shield (chrome) that look amazing......crystal clear........

IMG_7675.JPG

@tehphil Great question. Most of the process is the same. From raw polycarbonate and precision measured pigments to the MirrorShield coatings and lab testing for clarity and durability. They key difference is that our standard lenses use the industry standard of bent sheet production which delivers a quality lens at a great price. Only our Elite HC3 lenses are injection molded and taper corrected to deliver the truest vision possible with the best polarization. This process corrects any distortion, ensuring true vision in the entire field of view for those who demand the highest performance from their eyewear.

Another difference is our Elite HC3 lenses are strength tested against the Z87.1 standards, while our standard lenses meet or exceed Z80.3 standards.

Thanks for the detailed answer!

Great vid, here is some general input from me to improve your bussines.

1. Offer free worldwide shipping, not just US. It doesn't cost much more to ship these feather light items overseas. For people not in the US, shipping is always a hassle, and is a factor for not even considering an international order. Free world wide shipping changes that in an instant. Do it.

2. Make it a choice to include the screwdriver or not.

3. In addition to the lifeless, synthetic, generic lens pics of the different lens colors you have on the site now, show real life examples of models wearing glasses with the different colors installed in different situations. We want to see what the lenses ACTUALLY looks like. Belive me it will boost sales when you show how cool the lenses really look.

4. Make the Elite line available for the entire X-metal line and for Pitboss. It's the X-metal owners who cares about quality lenses. No one's going to care about Elite lenses in a flack jacket.

4. Make the Elite line available for the entire X-metal line and for Pitboss. It's the X-metal owners who cares about quality lenses. No one's going to care about Elite lenses in a flack jacket.
Yeah, I think it's safe to say you're totally wrong...

Latest Posts

Back