• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How likely does Jupiter Squared's earsocks get loose?

Leathaface

Oakley Beginner
I'm looking to purchase this model so I'm trying to read about it's pros and cons before doing so. I've learned that at some point, the earsocks get loose. This would be my everyday sunglasses if I go ahead with this model and I'm worried about this.

I have 2 pair and have not had any issues with them. They seem very secure compared to my flaks etc. I wouldn't worry .

Depends on how much you sweat or much oils accumulate from your head really.

For my pairs it's usually 4-5 months, washing weekly.

@bhrea3 do you wear them regularly? I have 6 pairs that I rotate, 2 of the 6 are Jupiter squared. I just don't wear them every day. They are my favorite and most comfortable I have and that I have tried on of all Oakley's. You can say I'm a BIG fan of them :)

@Ventruck when they do start to slide off, is replacing the earsocks your only option?

@bhrea3 do you wear them regularly?

@Ventruck when they do start to slide off, is replacing the earsocks your only option?

Each to their own. A pair can still stay on the face when the earsocks are loose. Today I even went without earsocks on my Jawbone (but that fits tighter than a Jupiter in general) to get them replaced. iirc, the Jupiter Squared is smaller than the Holbrook. Consider the latter is a best seller that doesn't have rubber to begin with, and people can still rock them. But I mean ideally, yeah you want to replace earsocks when you can. Totally makes a difference against sweat and oil.

Back