• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Long Do I Wait Before Opening Claim Through EBay?

tumbler

Oakley Enthusiast
Bought some brand new JFL's on eBay on Friday, June 28th. Now I know it's been less than a week, but I payed literally seconds after the auction ended and I haven't heard a peep from the seller. I sent him an email a couple days ago nicely asking if they had shipped yet since I hadn't heard anything from him. I still have nada for communication from him. I've only been stiffed on eBay once and it was years ago, but I got screwed through paypal and didn't get my money back because they said he lacked sufficient funds to return it. So how long do I wait? I'd just like some damn communication from the guy, considering it's a decent chunk of change I payed up.

Id say a week and then open the claim. Sometimes that is all it takes to get slow to responders to dummy up.

it might be bcause seller is away for the 4th july celebration. give him after this week if not file a claim for all you know he shipped it just not logged in to his account to respond t your messages.And nowadays even if the seller has insufficient funds, Paypal will return your money 100%. They will return whatever you paid, 100% of the amount

I believe you can only open a claim 10 days after auction end.

+1, 10 days. I've had to do it before as well. Like it was stated earlier, sometimes it what it takes to light a fire underneath 'em.

Based on the ebay buyer protection, you can file a WITHIN 45 DAYS from the date of payment not 10 days. You can file a claim of non receipt of the item once the its past the estimated delivery date. Check the estimated delivery time on the order details of the item bought, if it is overdue file the claim.

If you haven't received your item by the ship date, or if the item is not as described in the listing, open a case in the Resolution Center to contact the seller and resolve the issue. If the problem can't be resolved between you and the seller, and 3 business days have passed since the case was opened, you can escalate the case to Customer Support. If your case qualifies for coverage through eBay Buyer Protection, we'll refund your purchase price plus original shipping.
Important: You can open a case only through the eBay country site where you purchased the item. Also, keep in mind there is a deadline for opening a case—within 45 days of making payment on an item.
Alternatively try to call the seller, you can get his info by following below.

To request a seller's phone number, click the Advanced link next to theSearch button at the top of the eBay home page. From the Advanced search page, click Find contact information in the Members section on the left side, and follow the instructions.

Ebay will make you wait
Ebay will light the fire you werent able to do.
You'll be OK. be patient you will get your money back or glasses.
Its really cut and and dry on delivery. Item description is the tricky stuff.
Based on the ebay buyer protection, you can file a WITHIN 45 DAYS from the date of payment not 10 days. You can file a claim of non receipt of the item once the its past the estimated delivery date. Check the estimated delivery time on the order details of the item bought, if it is overdue file the claim.

If you haven't received your item by the ship date, or if the item is not as described in the listing, open a case in the Resolution Center to contact the seller and resolve the issue. If the problem can't be resolved between you and the seller, and 3 business days have passed since the case was opened, you can escalate the case to Customer Support. If your case qualifies for coverage through eBay Buyer Protection, we'll refund your purchase price plus original shipping.
Important: You can open a case only through the eBay country site where you purchased the item. Also, keep in mind there is a deadline for opening a case—within 45 days of making payment on an item.

Alternatively try to call the seller, you can get his info by following below.

To request a seller's phone number, click the Advanced link next to theSearch button at the top of the eBay home page. From the Advanced search page, click Find contact information in the Members section on the left side, and follow the instructions.

What kind of feedback does the seller have? Kind of a s###y deal but I agree maybe they are gone for the holiday or family emergency.

If you bought something on Friday June 28, Most time on ebay auction it said they ship in 2-3 business days after payment. That mean they should ship it out by July 2-3.

***look at the ebay auction details under : shipping, payments, returns: it usually said how many day they ship after payment recieved, 1-2-3

I hate seller that drag there feet when they sell stuff, I alway ship out same day or next day, and message the buyer thank you after I get payment.

Thanks for the help guys. It says delivery is estimated by Friday, July 5th, so I'll wait a couple more days and if I don't have it or haven't heard anything I guess I'll just have to open a case.

Latest Posts

Back