• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How long will Oakley Make X-Squared Lenses?

Mr. K

Oakley Expert
Seattle, WA
So, with no more XS being made, how long will oakley make lenses? Will the lenses go to the vault in its final quantities or does oakley just continue to sell at regular price?

After (if) there are no more made, how does one source a lenses? Ebay? Or is one just forced to go aftermarket?

Not being around as long as many here, what is your experience?

I can't answer your questions on how Oakley goes about discontinuing replacement lenses, but I can talk about other options:

I wouldn't go aftermarket - they may look cool but most don't last long and none have the same optical quality as Oakley, over time you might screw up your eyes.

If you can't find Oakley replacements for XS, go custom cuts (using Oakley replacement lenses for different frames and cutting them to fit your frame). I've done business with InfiniteHero - he has access to a variety of Big Taco and other lenses that are suitable donors for XS. He also has a bunch of postings around this forum explaining the optical problems with aftermarkets, you can find them in a search.

InfiniteHero, xmetalmaniac, and dr.chop do custom cuts; there may be others around here that do them too.

So, with no more XS being made, how long will oakley make lenses? Will the lenses go to the vault in its final quantities or does oakley just continue to sell at regular price?

After (if) there are no more made, how does one source a lenses? Ebay? Or is one just forced to go aftermarket?

Not being around as long as many here, what is your experience?

Best bet is simply buying up some lenses for the future. I socked away some Ice and Ruby for my XS so far.

Back