• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How loose is too loose?

Yeah the washers prevent metal-on-metal rubbing when you open/close the earstems, so it's better to replace them than just tighten the screws. Even though it's a pain in the ass...

Regarding the original topic, I think this has been asked before. Personally, though it's subjective for each person, my threshold is when they no longer will sit firmly on top of my head - it's very annoying when they keep falling back down. Even worse, if you tilt your head back and they fall off backwards... :eek:

Are those Washers hard to get ? If one arm of any X Metal is loose I just screw it with the T6 Screwdriver.
So just need to look after theís Washers too then.
Thanks for advice

I thought my IH Juliets were loose, until I got my hands on a used XX...

the XX barely squeezes my temples and I don't even attempt to put them on top of my head because they slide off easily...

need to get both the IH Juliet and the XX tightened...

my XS and Polished Juliet have no issues .......

I thought my IH Juliets were loose, until I got my hands on a used XX...

the XX barely squeezes my temples and I don't even attempt to put them on top of my head because they slide off easily...

need to get both the IH Juliet and the XX tightened...

my XS and Polished Juliet have no issues .......
The IH Juliet will likely not benefit from a tune-up. That gen frame has rounded orbital tabs which makes it difficult to get a tight frame from the factory or using factory parts- ie: OEM flex coupler rubber.
Aftermarket tuners (but definately not LG) have better success with these using Tygon tubing.
This is so prevalent that for a while in the X Metals hobby a frame as loose as a factory IH was referred to as "IH loose".
If you want an IH Juliet tighter than OEM (and OEM will always be a little loose) it would need to go to the X Man or DIY using Tygon.
The XX will be able to get tighter using OEM parts because it's orbital tab will be longer and more squared- so there is not as much empty space in the orbital tab slot of the flex coupler.

The IH Juliet will likely not benefit from a tune-up. That gen frame has rounded orbital tabs which makes it difficult to get a tight frame from the factory or using factory parts- ie: OEM flex coupler rubber.
Aftermarket tuners (but definately not LG) have better success with these using Tygon tubing.
This is so prevalent that for a while in the X Metals hobby a frame as loose as a factory IH was referred to as "IH loose".
If you want an IH Juliet tighter than OEM (and OEM will always be a little loose) it would need to go to the X Man or DIY using Tygon.
The XX will be able to get tighter using OEM parts because it's orbital tab will be longer and more squared- so there is not as much empty space in the orbital tab slot of the flex coupler.
got it :)

thanks for the advice......

Before I started getting all of my Julys tuned by x man
I would swap the T15 shocks for 25
BAM
all tightened up for me, nose still a little loose but the T25 make them work
I like to feel the ear stems slide on my head when I put them on. Nice and tight
Big Heads may not work so please disregard

Anyone got a pic of the flex coupler? Just curious to know what it looks like.

Back