• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How loose is too loose?

Sorry to bring up a old post. When the little washers in the earstems start to wear on a XS and tightening the screws with the T-6 are no longer effective, and the stems are still too loose, is this fixable? If sent in to the @THE X-MAN for tune-ups can this be fixed?

Sorry to bring up a old post. When the little washers in the earstems start to wear on a XS and tightening the screws with the T-6 are no longer effective, and the stems are still too loose, is this fixable? If sent in to the @THE X-MAN for tune-ups can this be fixed?

Yes, x-man can fix them.

You can also buy replacement washers from linegear and others and do it yourself. It's a minor pain in the ass but less so than a tuneup.

Personally if they also needed a tuneup I'd send them in. If the nosebridge is tight and it's just the earstem washers I'd do it myself.

Amazing that you have worn out a set of earstem washers before a flex coupler.
You rarely hear of a pair that "needs" new washers- often done while doing a complete restoration- but always hear of a pair that need the flex couplers replaced.

Yeah, they aren't too bad. But one arm is definitely more loose than the other, and tightening the screw is no help. I may leave it be until they need a tuneup, it's just an annoyance.

Back