• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Loyal are you to Oakley?

Bought my first pair in 1996. Their designs for the time were ground breaking in my opinion as a teenager looking at the world with those teenage eyes.

I still wear them today and have never owned another maker of sunglasses. While I am open to an argument that there can be better makes of optical jewelry, Oakleys style for the last 25 years have overall been my favorite anytime I see them. I dont always love the designs but you cant say they are vanilla. They never have limited options to choose from and for the most part I have always loved the lenses color palette of choices. Though like many there are some I miss like Emerald.

I have almost always been a wire frame person. I miss greatly the older generation of wire design. Especially thrilled to see the 2020 Whisker and 2020 Ejector with design nods back to the Gen 1 and 2 days of wire frame design. One can only hope that they bring back the design innovation that inspired the X-Metal series.

What made me love Oakley watches, sunglasses, and display cases is that they looked like no one else. They were unique, when Lux brought them toward whatever direction they went I stopped buying as many and scaled down. With the return toward heritage I am pleased to see this swing.

I did try on some Maui Jim frame-less sunglasses. They are the closest to switching brand for a pair other than Oakley that I have been. The flexibility was amazing in the stems and frame bridge. The weight was nice. But the limited color and personality customization options were a turn off. For the same reason I dont go out and buy Costa. The other brands have no feeling or spirit. Cant customize them in the same way you can Oakley past or present. Lenses selection and frame finish selection are one of the top reasons I stay with Oakley.

Oakley is also one of the biggest supporters of First Responder's and Military. Under Armour is the next major supporter. Those efforts are big with me since my wife and I are prior military with combined service of 24 years, my Grand Father fought in Iwo Jima and I still work side by side with uniformed personnel today.

The custom collections they offer through SI, the US Olympic Team collections, sports teams. I love the support across the board. In that effort they have my unanimous loyalty. Design specially made items for military and first responders to meet the unique demands on the battlefield and on the job.

The only brand I hug nuts on is Dodge/SRT

I got quite a few Oakley's because I think they're the only sunglasses worth half a ****...

I don't "bleed Oakley" and I'm not a crazy collector, but I like my small XMetal collection...

i could literally sell everything and replace all my glasses with one pair of gas station glasses and I'd feel unbothered by it...

that's how loyal I am to Oakley...

The only brand I hug nuts on is Dodge/SRT

I got quite a few Oakley's because I think they're the only sunglasses worth half a ****...

I don't "bleed Oakley" and I'm not a crazy collector, but I like my small XMetal collection...

i could literally sell everything and replace all my glasses with one pair of gas station glasses and I'd feel unbothered by it...

that's how loyal I am to Oakley...

looks like you’re in the wrong place....

looks like you’re in the wrong place....
Don't call the police when I show you what I did with my Oakley shirt...

82B238D5-34FB-469F-9A6A-6A6FD558BD39.jpeg

I tried on a buddy's pair of Jordan Mars 8 years ago. I recognized them from fight club , which is top 5 for me and he let me try them on.He told me he bought them on his honeymoon in Hawaii. One of the only selfies I've ever met taken. I had no idea about x-metals or anything oakley whatsoever. Last year I started buying juliets. Got to 13 with 1 xs and 1 penny. Now the penny and xs are gone and I am the proud owner of those dope shades I tried on 8 years ago.....the Mars Jordan. It just sucks I was clueless for all those years, but I am definitely learning thanks to yall. Cheers.

I collect sunglasses and wear every pair, not exclusively Oakley by very definition of my hobby. I do have the largest amount by far of Oakley’s. They are my favorite and most worn.
I also have many pair of Electric, Wiley X, Revo, Killer Loop (Bausch & Lomb lenses in those!) Suncloud (Polaroid lenses), Salt Life (Zeiss Optics lenses!) Dragon, Rheos, Bolle, Vuarnet, Native, American Optics, Ray Ban, Persol, Costa, ShadyRays...Jesus they make it I’ve got a few pairs.
Lots of great sunglasses out there folks, I think if you limit yourself to just one brand you’re missing out on some truly pleasurable wears. But if you collect Oakley, then more power to
I collect sunglasses and wear every pair, not exclusively Oakley by very definition of my hobby. I do have the largest amount by far of Oakley’s. They are my favorite and most worn.
I also have many pair of Electric, Wiley X, Revo, Killer Loop (Bausch & Lomb lenses in those!) Suncloud (Polaroid lenses), Salt Life (Zeiss Optics lenses!) Dragon, Rheos, Bolle, Vuarnet, Native, American Optics, Ray Ban, Persol, Costa, ShadyRays...Jesus they make it I’ve got a few pairs.
Lots of great sunglasses out there folks, I think if you limit yourself to just one brand you’re missing out on some truly pleasurable wears. But if you collect Oakley, then more power to you!

:cool:
Do you know if and where Killer Loop sunglasses can be repaired?

Their clothing is inconsistent at best.

I never tried their clothing since I am as big as a house. Probably tall as a pine tree.
I saw their shoes recently, but it was not enough for me to pay the money for some.
I've said it before, but one day Lux is gonna make some Polo Shirts that fit big dudes...

right now, their polo shirts fit asian men and children that weigh less than 130lbs...

Latest Posts

Back