• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Many Days Is Except Sale To Allow Ebay Return

Could be that he's going through a crisis or something worse?

A chap I knew on a canoeing forum just disappeared one day. Stopped showing up to meets and wouldn't answer emails.. Turned out that he'd died! :(

I often wonder about that as well. I ordered an item from an ebay seller. They had great feedback and shipped quickly. I told them I wanted another and I was advised to use the "buy another item" feature. I did so amd didn't receive item. After 10 days I emailed them with no response. I sent several more emails over the next week with no response. I then opened a case and no response. Finally about 3-4 weeks later I got a refund via pay pal. I closed case and left a negative feedback (which I don't like to do). Then I wondered the same thing.

You never know...

In another instance, I met a chap who was WW kayaking on the same wave, we moved a dangerous tree together. I thought how I'd probably get to know the guy over the next year or so.... I logged onto another forum a few days later and there was a picture of him saying RIP!

Found out about 1 year later that he'd killed himself!

Dude you did everything you could. I think you're right, he was just fishing for a partial refund. I'd just forget about it and move on. If he files a claim or something you've got documentation on your side. If he leaves bad feedback, hey, ebay is a crapshoot, sometimes things go bad, but your integrity really shouldn't take a hit from a one-off.

I got ripped off a few years ago buying a watch from some college kid in NYC. Paid but never shipped. Filed claim but never got $$ back. I figure the seller flunked out and dropped off the map, took my $$ as one for the road...

Yeah I guess so. Now a days pay pal will refund ur money if that happens regardless if the guy takes money and runs

I have had similar cases when people come back weeks later. Important thing you did was tried to reach out to him. If he doesn't respond that holds in your favor should he open up a case down the road. I believe he has 30 days to do so.

Latest Posts

Back