• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Many People Got This?

Menendez1293

Oakley Expert
Florida
I was just wondering because i just got an email that asked me to complete a survey for Oakley and that i would be entered into a chance to win a pair of Oakley Sunglasses. Anybody else on here get the email? I went ahead and did it it was worth the shot.

Even if it doesn't ask for your personal information it could have scraped your email (from here for instance) and be mining for other personal data, with no intention of giving away a prize. I got the email as well and Oakley does not have my email address.

Edit:

The address used for the survey contest is Oakley, Inc., Oakley Customer Survey Sweepstakes, Foothill Ranch, CA 92610

So it looks pretty legit so far.

The only thing is that Oakley Customer Care has my email and i DID just buy from HQ. So i dunno. I haven't given an email address to store employees though.

I just got a response from Oakley Customer Care
Oakley does not use any email surveys for gathering customer feedback, so it is probably safe to assume that this is not generated by Oakley. If you have further questions, please contact our Customer Service line at (800) 403-7449 and we will be happy to assist you.

Did anyone fill it out? Based on the response SpliceD got, Im not.

Well I filled it out. It didn't ask for any personal information and I don't have any confidential material in my email or on my Mac. All I have are school files. this somehow has to be repeated to Oakley. Wether somebody stole our emails from them or the rep didn't know exactly what he was talking about like most of them.

The only common denominator for all of us is the forum and Oakley. I'm going to do a little bit of digging to see what this is about wether it truly is from Oakley or if it's a scam.

Edit: could be something from luxottica since all the brands it asked me to compare sunglasses to tied back to them. Just an idea

Back