• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Many X's?

Oh ok cool that don't sound to bad i wouldn't wear them much anyway so that wouldn't be much of a problem

Thanks again

I already have a pair of Juliet's and X Squared just wanted to now this info and will start to look for something new next year.

I think the general rule of thumb goes the same for X Metals as they do with the O-matter frames: Take care of your glasses and they'll last forever.

And just like with the O-matter frames with the FMJ/Chrome coats, you have to watch for peeling/flaking/etc. on a few of the models in the X Metal line: 24K and the TiO2 finishes. X Metal and Plasma seem to hold up better, but if not cared for, will also show signs of wear very easily.

If you ask me, the X Metals aren't much more maintenance than an O-matter frame. I clean mine off after every use and do a lens cleaner spray and purell cleaning of the rubbers every so often.

If you saw my recent purchase of the TiO2's, i kinda alluded to the fact that i got them kinda dirty, so i took them apart and cleaned them up and they came out as good as new.

Back