• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Many X's?

Well, i never let Purell touch the lenses, BUT... if you look at the lens cleaner bottle the warning says, "Contains Isopropanol".

Isopropyl alcohol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Isopropyl alcohol dissolves a wide range of non-polar compounds. It also evaporates quickly and is relatively non-toxic, compared to alternative solvents. Thus it is used widely as a solvent and as a cleaning fluid, especially for dissolving oils.

Second ingredient on a bottle of Purell is also Isopropyl alcohol.

I've seen O-store employees use a combination of the lens cleaners and Purell on multiple occasions. I don't know what the official word is from Oakley regarding the usage of Purell, but i know i'm not the only one on this forum to use Purell on the frames.

looking at this thread and how Jaymann is starting up im glad ive completed all 8 (and some) of the X-metals.

cleaning wise i still go with warm soapy water then a very thorough drying afterwards. blow out all the flex couplers and screw holes etc..be thorough. usually does the trick - no corrosion issues yet..

Latest Posts

Back