• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How much are Juliet Plasma w/Ice Iridium Polarized worth? (04-153)

TechGuy77

Oakley Expert
Lincoln, NE
Found a Juliet pair locally and they are asking $275. Attached are some pictures and I feel they are worth $200-$225 but he feels they are worth $275. I've never purchased a pair before and this is the exact pair I've wanted that have come up in about a year locally. I'm cheap and looking for a great deal on my first pair of X-Metals, I just don't have it in the budget for $275. I know its not much of a price increase I just don't think the wife will go for it. Am I crazy as I've seen my eBay auction for way under $200 lately for different X-Metals lately, including Juliets. But its always nice to go local when you can. I have not inspected them in person yet. What are your thoughts?

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

The picture does not show the condition of the lenses. Is the nose bridge loose? Does it come with a box, coin, bag, and extra rubber pieces? What generation is the frame? I love my 1st gen plasma "bone" frame with ice lenses. I paid more for it compared to my 2nd and 4th gen plasma pairs.

The picture does not show the condition of the lenses. Is the nose bridge loose? Does it come with a box, coin, bag, and extra rubber pieces? What generation is the frame? I love my 1st gen plasma "bone" frame with ice lenses. I paid more for it compared to my 2nd and 4th gen plasma pairs.

Not sure on lens condition, he hasn't stated, nor can I see the Polarized etching. Nose has no give, he says. Pictures linked show a box & coin, paperwork, plastic bag is also shown(extra rubber pieces??) but I don't know the serial number as that image was blurry. I'll inquire again to find out which generation it is. He seems pretty set at $275 but I don't think my budget can go $75 more. But they are nice looking! Thanks in advance!

...are the ear stems bent, warped, or damaged? How is the hardware? Signs of rust or damage to the heads? Is there any damage to frame at all? Lots of different variables and factors that come into play. Lots of issues that are not known or discovered until you take them apart and find out the hard way. I've found lots of issues not described with frames I've purchase, now I somewhat know what to look for. Take what cash you want to spend, tell him you want to see them and try them on and go from there. You never know maybe once he's seen the cash he might go lower... it all depends on how bad he needs the money. Good luck.

So he stated the lenses need changed. Now I'm thinking $150-$200 is fair. What are your guy's thoughts? Check the attached link for pictures. Apparently no serial number but not confirmed.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

Not above $200, for sure...

Thanks for the reply. I sent an email explaining my reasoning that he is asking too much and offered $175. Apparently I must be the only interested party as he keeps replying to my emails. Trying to be as nice as possible to maybe snag at least some cheap frames. Hopefully the rubbers are ok. I'd like to get my first pair of X-Metals.

Thanks for the reply. I sent an email explaining my reasoning that he is asking too much and offered $175. Apparently I must be the only interested party as he keeps replying to my emails. Trying to be as nice as possible to maybe snag at least some cheap frames. Hopefully the rubbers are ok. I'd like to get my first pair of X-Metals.
I think, with the current dip in the market, that your offer is right on the money for those

I'd like to get my first pair of X-Metals.

Don't do it! You will own way more than one if you do:cool:

Explain to the seller how much OEM Juliet lenses cost. Would you be looking to replace them with ice?

Latest Posts

Back