• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Much Does The Box And Coin Bring Up The Value Of A X Metal?

I think that any product that is complete is worth a lot more to a collector than a product that is not. This plays into the condition of the product. Having said that, there are obviously certain models that will be worth a lot more with box and coin than others.

I would say that since they are out of production the box and coin add about $50-$100, depending on model.

As for me, I really value the plasma/fire Romeo and I am still in search of a box and coin for mine. I would say that (for me) I would pay up to $150 for the box and coin to complete my set.

I would say at least 80.00 dollars more.

Sweet I just finally got my 24k XX all complete. What started as a 290 dollar Ebay purchase has slowly creeped up to around 420.
I replaced the lenses and sold the old ones. Swaped out the Orbital T6 screws with new ones, got new rubbers and now just got the box and coin on ebay !!

unu9enyq.jpg

muve6avu.jpg

7yvynapy.jpg

a5y9epu6.jpg

to each his own but, for me unless I purchsed them with the serial matched boxes I am not the type that would go out of my way to find a box and coin to complete the set. original serial matched set is a whole different story.

I would do it. The complete package is important to me.

Congrats on finishing your pair. They look awesome.

A common coloway = ~$50 (like carbon/bip or plasma/fire)
An uncommon colorway or grail = $100-400
~$100 for a JBR, Scelzi R2, Finito, any R1
~$200 for a Ichiro or Mars leather
Extreme (~$300-400) example: Mars Emerald was a SGH exclusive colorway. If you have the box with number match label it helps prove that this pair is genuine and not a common colorway pair that had lenses - or chops) installed after-the-fact.
So it really depends on the colorway. Your 24K XX that you rescued? ~$75 or so more.
A numbers match box is good enough proof of provenance and I would agree that boxes, papers and provenance mean more to collectors. Or someone thinking of future resale.
YMMV!

Back