• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Much Does The Box And Coin Bring Up The Value Of A X Metal?

Some folks won't even buy a pair used unless they have the box also. But $50-100 seems to be the norm.

I have this and I am looking to sell, (kit includes box, coin, frames, case, etc.) but they are in need of some refurbishment (and of course OEM parts don't seem to be available anymore).

Are collectors looking to buy a frame in good condition but with lenses and rubbers that need replaced? Is it better to just refurb with aftermarket parts or should I offer it as it is? I'm still noob here so I'm just looking for discussion at this point. The last time Oakley touched them was 2006 but they tell me they are out of parts now - is there a secret back-lot of parts they can pull from?

Also not trying to hijack - this is the original box with the coin for these. I had no idea how collectible they had become until I decided to sell. I wear prescription frames now so I simply don't wear them anymore. Happy to send them to a new home where they will be used. Thanks for any input, I'll put up an official selling post when I am able. Cheers!

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this and I am looking to sell, (kit includes box, coin, frames, case, etc.) but they are in need of some refurbishment (and of course OEM parts don't seem to be available anymore).

Are collectors looking to buy a frame in good condition but with lenses and rubbers that need replaced? Is it better to just refurb with aftermarket parts or should I offer it as it is? I'm still noob here so I'm just looking for discussion at this point. The last time Oakley touched them was 2006 but they tell me they are out of parts now - is there a secret back-lot of parts they can pull from?

Also not trying to hijack - this is the original box with the coin for these. I had no idea how collectible they had become until I decided to sell. I wear prescription frames now so I simply don't wear them anymore. Happy to send them to a new home where they will be used. Thanks for any input, I'll put up an official selling post when I am able. Cheers!

Chris
PMmmmd! Dibs on this one guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to follow correct forum rules than yea. Some people will throw up a storm if you dont follow their guidelines. Which is cool. Helps keep out just those that want to unload their stuff

Latest Posts

Back