• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How much should I pay for Romeo 2.0

NashCasten

Oakley Enthusiast
I'm not sure if I found a good deal or not but someone is selling me Romeo 2.0 for 224USD

Frames are original the lenses are replaced tho.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

What is the overall condition? Is the nose bridge tight? Are the arms loose? Is the finish perfect? What manufacture are the aftermarket lenses, and are there any scratches? If all is well I'd say it's a pretty fair price.

What is the overall condition? Is the nose bridge tight? Are the arms loose? Is the finish perfect? What manufacture are the aftermarket lenses, and are there any scratches? If all is well I'd say it's a pretty fair price.

Frame is 9.5/10 perfect finish, arms and nose bridge are tight
Lens are 10/10 bnew revant lenses

I agree, for a good frame with all good rubber and the lens screws with the lens gaskets in place that is a fair price. My concern is those lens retaining gaskets. You can't see them unless you remove the lens. These lenses have been changed. I'm sure the lens screws are there or the lenses wouldn't stay in, but if the lens retaining gasket that the screw goes through inside the orbital is missing you'll have to source a replacement. Not the end of the world but something you may not have been aware of. Jdd32 made some for me so he really saved my butt on a bare R2 frame I bought off the bay. I'd likely pick that frame up for that price. The R2 is awesome! It's light and very comfortable. Supposedly Linegear is working on making an aftermarket rubber kit which up until now hasn't existed and OEM rubber, IF you can find it, is very expensive.

I agree, for a good frame with all good rubber and the lens screws with the lens gaskets in place that is a fair price. My concern is those lens retaining gaskets. You can't see them unless you remove the lens. These lenses have been changed. I'm sure the lens screws are there or the lenses wouldn't stay in, but if the lens retaining gasket that the screw goes through inside the orbital is missing you'll have to source a replacement. Not the end of the world but something you may not have been aware of. Jdd32 made some for me so he really saved my butt on a bare R2 frame I bought off the bay. I'd likely pick that frame up for that price. The R2 is awesome! It's light and very comfortable. Supposedly Linegear is working on making an aftermarket rubber kit which up until now hasn't existed and OEM rubber, IF you can find it, is very expensive.

No I did not know that there are gasket that held the lenses in.

Thanks for the FYI.

No I did not know that there are gasket that held the lenses in.

Thanks for the FYI.
Neither was I when I bought the frame. Apparently they are damn easy to lose when changing the lenses. They protect the lens from the screw and help hold the lens in tighter. Jdd32 made some for me from orbital gaskets. Not a deal breaker, I'd still pick these up for that price given what you stated above!

As inferred, replacement rubbers are very difficult to find and you can't see them in those pics so that's worth checking out, if they're there and their condition.

Replacement OEM lenses can be very difficult to find, too, though non-polar custom cuts have been possible. If you don't care about aftermarkets, then yes, it's a good price, but if you want to put OEM lenses in them realize your options are limited.

Because it is so hard to find replacement rubber, gaskets. I stayed away fro R2s for awhile. But couldn't help but to try them out.

But luckily, it appears @Linegear Japan had heard the R2 fans and is giing to release rubber kits next year. I believe they also offer earsocks for the R2, now.

I also recieved several modified Juliet rubber kits to fit the R2 from @jdd32 which look really good. Haven't put them on yet because waiting on a refinish on the frame. He is churning out some nice modded rubber for the X-metal line. Also @joecool862 mentioned @jdd32 is now offering replacement lens gaskets which is SWEET.

The Romeo 2 is a great frame that is quickly become a favorite for me. Now seeing the market open up for replacement parts, just makes it better:cool-33:

And, $224 for a PLASMA R2 frame? I would do that deal if they frame was minty, or near minty.

Latest Posts

Back