• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Much Would You Guys Pay...

bigOak

Oakley Beginner
...for a 2009 non-serialized BNIB X-Metal XX (X-Metal w/ Black Iridium) with coin and a second set of 24k lenses and possibly an old school x-metal hard case? Please list your ideal price on the set brand new (as it is now) and used (but in flawless condition).

Also if you guys could, appraise just how much you think they'd be if I just kept them in box for 5-10 years. Just acquired these and don't know if I should wear these or not, especially with the X-Metal factory rumors being confirmed.

Also asking because it wouldnt hurt to gauge what I'm going to get back for them whenever I'm done with working for the company and decide to sell.

020DDC9D.jpg

The OLEO's were the smallest run Oakley did of the XX. They only did 24k and X-metal in this run, and supposedly less than 1,000 of each. Not sure if anyone would pay a premium for that, but I've seen those coins go pretty high, and they are some of the rarest out there.

oh wow. this would have been the final production run for the Xmetal XX. I say keep it BNIB if you already have another pair of XXs to wear, or dont have a burning desire to wear them..

I thought I would, since juliets look tiny on me. But I wont. They're the only ones I have. So I guess I'll just pick up 2 more X-Squared. one to sit on and not wear and the other to wear along with the polished carbon & BIP pair that I already have

The OLEO's were the smallest run Oakley did of the XX. They only did 24k and X-metal in this run, and supposedly less than 1,000 of each. Not sure if anyone would pay a premium for that, but I've seen those coins go pretty high, and they are some of the rarest out there.

I'll post the authentic Oakley 24k lenses that I'll be receiving in a few days as well. If I ever did decide to sell, itd be the pair and the secondary 24k lenses. Also if I end up getting that old x-metal vault, then that'll be thrown in too. I'm hoping for at least 450-500 for that whole set when I do sell.

I would say $300 right now and it's impossible to say down the road what price!

I'll give you $200 for them. :D Don't care about the 24k lenses or hardcase.

$200 and $300? Don't you guys think thats kinda low for these? As brip said, they were part of the final production run of these (they are hydrophobic), and the retail for a brand new in box when they were current was $325.

They're still bnib.

As far as selling them period, I can't at all reswob. At least not yet. As long as im an o employee, I can't sell anything actually. Corporate rules. I'm just looking for appraisal advice for now

I have a pair just like that new in box, just no coin and I paid 350 for those, I agree, they're not Romeos but still a pretty hard to come by!

I have a pair just like that new in box, just no coin and I paid 350 for those, I agree, they're not Romeos but still a pretty hard to come by!

Thank you andi, we're on the same page. No disrespect to anyone at all, and they aren't Romeos, I just think that's low. Plus as you can see, I still have the coin

there's a big difference in trading and dealing among collectors than with the general public... here I try not to profit, ever, because I know we're among fellow Oakley lovers... but if I sell something Outside, I would be profiting for sure!

Back