• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How NOT to treat your XX!

Seems like most of the frames I buy look like this, haha. Glad it has a new home where it will be treated better. It's a real testament to their design that even with all the abuse that frame looks great. For sure the rubber and screws are shot, but those are expected to wear out. Can't wait to see what she looks like once you've done your magic and fixed her up. For me, that's the fun part of collecting...

Same here. Anything not from this forum is expected to need a full refurbishing

Hello guys, what is the best way to clean a Romeo 1 frame I mean steps and products to use, I found my old ones and I already ordered the new lenses and rubber parts from linegear, but I would like to clean the frame.

Hello guys, what is the best way to clean a Romeo 1 frame I mean steps and products to use, I found my old ones and I already ordered the new lenses and rubber parts from linegear, but I would like to clean the frame.

Could you post a few pictures of the frame? Photos will provide context to what needs to be done.

Generally, I use a very light dish soap to remove oils from the frame. Depending upon your frame’s condition, that might be all that you need to do.

for plasma frame bro, I strongly recommend Autosol ( proven and tested) removes stains not a bother). Lenses? isopropyl alcohol and stop buying oakley rip off liquids. @cacatman .
for bone titanium superficial dark spots can be cleaned using staedler rubber erasers.
Another must products that can be added in the list. :)

Last edited:
for plasma frame bro, I strongly recommend Autosol ( proven and tested) removes stains not a bother). Lenses? isopropyl alcohol and stop buying oakley rip off liquids. @cacatman .
for bone titanium superficial dark spots can be cleaned using staedler rubber erasers.
Another must products that can be added in the list. :)
I’d be careful with that. I know someone who used that on the advice of another member and ****ed up a plasma R1

Autosol is good for discolorations bro. I'll post pics before and after. The key here is to use it in small ricesize paste amout and your set.BTW Autosol can only be bought in UK, if theres one in CONUS grab them as shipping to usa is a hit and miss.

Last edited:
It may have worked for you but I wouldn’t blindly tell people to use a compound on their frame unless I knew all about the properties of both and was possibly a chemist. You don’t want someone ****in up their frame and then getting mad at you about it.

I have been using it for my daily use bro. What works for me may not work for u. I wont drop names but I got this advice from a known ex oakley employee. Enough said.
Lmao well that must be some big secret. You can’t name an ex employee? You can’t tell me who told you to use isopropyl alcohol on your lenses? Why the **** not? Lmao

Well, thats my experience using it. I can't say anything about others. As I have been using autosol for years.
If you think the discolorations is so bad and the only way is to send it for custom works then give it a try.Afterall im just giving an advice per experience proven and tested. I'm only being objective here.

Last edited:
Back