• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Often (if Ever)

I rarely change out any lenses. Only time i really do it is if a lens gets scratched. Even on frames like the Flak or the half, i leave them in because swapping lenses causes wear and tear on the lens and frame mounting points. That and there's also the possibility of dropping/scratching lenses if you're not being careful.

The Flak Jackets are made to be changeable, but aren't a switch lock system. I would change them once a day sometimes, wearing Ice Iridium during the day and putting in HI Yellow at night. I did it for a few months, probably changing 3-4 times per week on average. It got to the point where I didn't feel 100% comfortable that I would never accidentally snap the frame as I flexed it or wear out the Iridium on the lenses. So I sold them and got Fast Jackets instead that are designed to be changed more frequently.

I've switched/removed lenses on Fuel Cells, Antix, and Hijinx before, and I wouldn't be opposed to doing it every few months maybe, but not something I'd want to do on a daily or even weekly basis. It was easy enough to do for the most part (Antix were hardest of the group), but I'd be concerned about wearing out the Iridium on edges of lenses and/or scratching/dinging frames in the process.

Back