• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Often Is It Black On Black On Black?

CrashCarson

Oakley Beginner
I've noticed whenever I see people wearing Oakleys (which i always notice) 90% of the time it's a black frame with a black lens and with black earsocks :blink: I've always wondered why this was. Do you notice this? I mean it's nothing bad but I've always wanted something different. my theories for this are:

1. This is the only color Sunglass Hut has in stock.
2. Most people (including myself) believe that paying over $75 for sunglasses is a lot. Therefore color doesn't matter just knowing they're better is enough.
3. People don't want anything too flashy, they might get stolen. (which is understandable)

What I believe is that if you're going to spend over $75 why not get a pair that shines and really makes you happy? I understand that some people like black and that's okay.

Sorry if I'm ranting it really doesn't matter.

Black goes with everything. Most people buy glasses partly as a fashion accessory. Riders match their jerseys with their riding pair, most people buying one pair try to buy a pair that works with the most outfits.

It's like having one suit. Make it dark, make it uniform, and make it work for weddings, funerals, and everything in between.

Top seller for years was the Half Jacket Jet Black/Black. The number two seller was the Half Jacket XLJ Jet Black/Black. 90% of people like plain frames and don't get involved. Only the fringe want the flashy stuff.

The majority of my frames are black, mostly because black is my favorite color plus the reason mentioned above in that it goes with everything. Where I like to change it up is with the lens color.

The average person is just that...average. Its not a knock, just the truth most people think anything else is too flashy. Ive worn my ducati pit oss 3 times in the past two weeks lol.

It's probably that black is a color that goes with everything..........Or it also may be that Oakley sees fit to put out a Polished Black, Matte Black, and/or Black Ink frame in every style along with a few other (usually bland) colors making black the best option.
Wish they'd go back to making frames in Cannon Red or Midnight Blue or something more interesting.

I just prefer black and browns....I have liked a couple other frames like Midnight Blue and Rust but like Rustpot said black goes with everything and honestly every guy I know at work and friend I have, prefer Black on black...there's nothing wrong with flashy colors....gee" childish, infantile" is a bit harsh there though -people should wear what they want. 20 Years ago when I worked in a music store Bon Jovi was huge so we might have gotten in 200 of the new Bon Jovi cassette and 5 of a new Johnny Cash cassette...that doesnt mean EVERYONE liked the popular over niche release but we had to cater to what people wanted . It may be an age thing too...maybe older people that tend towards the conservative can afford Oakley and wear conservative colors. if I asked for 100 dollar pair of sunglasses when I was 16 I would have gotten smacked...at 49 I cant picture wearing something called "blood Orange" but cyclists and teams may like those colors...its whatever makes u happy but I am smart enough to know I look like a fool in a white frame , that's for sure(or some might say even more of a fool)

Back