• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Often Is It Black On Black On Black?

yea, the all black can go with everything. and people could possibly switch it up by just buying different lens which is cheaper than buying different color frames. there's other reasons too, like the black frames and dark lenses just fitting the most amount of people's tastes. i like the flashy frames, because those are the ones that i think scream out Oakley (well, when they get it right). if it wasn't for all the past outgoing frames and lenses, i don't think a lot of us here would be Oakely fans, or atleast not as hardcore. i became a fan by laying my eyes on a set of XX fmj 5.56/fire iridium. but then again, i'm ok with the balance Oakley has right now. that way i can be happy buying the standout pairs here and there, not go too broke keeping up, and since the majority of people have the dark colors, i can standout every time i wear any of my pairs.

I think it's simply the fact black goes with everything. I am buying my first pair of Oakleys and i am buying a white and black pair simply because of the fact i can wear them with anything.

Essentially to restate what everyone has said;

The average sunglass consumer generally only has one or two pairs. For this reason the average person would want a colour that they could where on many different occasions and with many different styles of clothes.
+Red & Ice iridium make nice subtle substitutes for Black irid!

Lately, I've been seeing more tortoise brown or matte rootbeer oaks with bronze lenses than I have black on black.
Livestrong flaks can be seen on both men and women around where I live though!

erolorhun referred to flashy styles as infantile, I only have two pairs of oaks. One of which is a silver Flak Jacket w Fire iridium and red ear socks?
Flashy? yes.
I'm 16 and wear them mostly for sports (baseball, golf etc.)
I can't see myself wearing anything quite so loud in a few years from now, I'll probably become a face in the crowd with black on black :p

For casual wear I have ghost text antix w ice irid. For subtlety, black on black isn't the only way to go!

and that's fine I would hope we are past calling what other people like Infantile...I am not a big comic fan but a friend at work is going to the midnight showing of the next Batman film He is 41 , a professional with a beautiful wife and 2 kids. His tastes are different than mine I wouldn't insult him for them...If true- then there's a lot of "infantile" MLB players making more than most of will ever see for just one season that like flashy colors. I'm a NY fan but tell David Ortiz, for example to his face he's infantile for wearing fire lenses....Ghost Text with ice actually sounds nice....I have Crystal Black/Ice Md's today

Back