• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Often Is It Black On Black On Black?

I just thought that Oakley was for people who weren't.

Lol, I doubt oakley cares who buys their shades, boring or not. And I can guarantee they make more $ off the boring frame colorways and boring people than they do off collectors.

Sadly I agree, everyones out for the dollar. I was just hoping that since Oakley has lots of cash and many loyal wearers/collectors they could just put out a few unique colorways for the true Oakley fans.

Who decides who is a true fan...Rustpot and i prefer Matte Black so we are not? Wow High school again...

So, you don't like to see Oakley release anything other then black? I didn't say that you weren't true oakley fans. I just would have guessed that most Oakley fans like to see what the company will come out with next, not just another a black pair. And dude, the high school thing, really???

I don't see the argument here because Oakley DOES release colorways other than black. Maybe if some people wanted to be different they would buy the ridiculous Ed Hardy shades with tattoo print on the big thick earstems. Also keep in mind, a lot of military including myself wear Oakleys and in uniform we are only authorized to wear black frames with non-reflective lenses.

Oakley releases plenty of interesting colorways...at least on most models. The only plain black frame I have in my collection is on a pair of Jupiters (and that's only because I wanted to be a completionist).

By saying that most people are boring, I just meant that for each person you see wearing zebra print stretch pants, you'll probably see 1,000 others wearing jeans. The same goes for sunglasses.

personally for me, i like the looks of everything blacked out. and would prefer to have it over any other color. with that being said, i have 4 pairs of oakleys, and they are all black frames with black/grey lenses, and i do think that its time for pair with some color. lol.

Back