• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Often Is It Black On Black On Black?

So, you don't like to see Oakley release anything other then black? I didn't say that you weren't true oakley fans. I just would have guessed that most Oakley fans like to see what the company will come out with next, not just another a black pair. And dude, the high school thing, really???

I'm definitely interested in what Oakley comes out with next. So long as one of the colorways includes [non-polished] black on black.

If you could only afford one pair what would you get? Black. Sure people go with silver, fire, jade, white, anti-freeze, emerald, ruby, 24K, FMJ, ice, lemon peel, etc etc. But I'd bet you a VAST majority of the members on this site have black/black/black in their collection as one of their pairs for casual use. If not I'm sure they have a metal frame in a black/silver/pewter/x-metal color with a dark/subdued lens for sure.

Maybe in the current climate polished white with 24K, or grape with chrome is pretty popular with younger people or college kids, but when I got into Oakleys they were the baddest pairs and you could buy any pair in a few different combinations of black/black/black with silver accents and skulls and flames and a knife wound already in your gut. Now it feels like Oakley requires flat brim hats and skinny jeans before they let you in the store (no offense to wrist or anyone who wears that style, but it just isn't for me).

Now the primary color is black/black/black has it always been this way? most of the older pairs I see online are very colorful. I wish they made all of those cool frame options like they used to.

the HS comment was just aimed at the use of words "infantile" etc I was actually defending wacky colors even tho I prefer black...But I don't believe u can judge "boredom" by what someone wears It wasnt aimed at everyone who likes variety...oakley should do what they always did offer a black and brown and a bunch of other colors like the original Twenty and Minutes did Then everyone is happy...and I agree on the clothes Their "loose fit" tricked out pants were more like slim fit and the local Vault was looking pretty neon last time I went... altho the Vintage Cargo fit nicely...My wife looks just great in "boring" black although her taste in colors is pretty expansive and all inclusive. Maybe having a right wing conservative Dad has transferred to me as I get older.

Basically what CrashCarson said is what I meant. I go on the oakley site to see what colorways they have out and I'm slightly disappointed most of the time. I love black, but I remember there being like 15 colors of Minutes at one point ranging from FMJ Red to a Powder Blue color. Sure some of the colors were a little crazy, but there were a lot that I really liked. Now it seems like Oakley has room in a new releases colorways for only the regular black, rootbeer or tortoise, white....And many releases have similar colors. I don't think they should stop making these colors, just make a few other colors for people who want something different.

Oakley is also offering close to five times as many different frames as they used to. Between the wires, women's, sports frames, square O, active, lifestyle, etc, they've got such a wide array of offerings, and they're not retiring frames as fast as they once were.

This I can agree with There are a few other frames I'd like to see more Titanium, Midnight Blue, Rust, Matte Brown smoke, even damson if used right doesn't strike me as loud in a men's frame with the right lens and style...I wasn't insulting I just don't agree "most people are boring". But I can see the flipside especially at SGH which hardly even carries the brown frames..and..I love Positive Red...hardly a boring choice...I agree I'd like to see for example, the new Twenty with Ruby, +red and Ice options...but I do still love the 3 conservative colored ones I have especially Matte Black

And I agree with the more conservative colors as well. They are really nice choices, and they are ones the majority of people wear the most. I guess I just feel Oakley used to offer unique options that no other eyewear manufacturer offered, and now they seem like they don't put in as much effort as they used to. I don't want Oakley to become one of those "just another sunglass company" type of manufacturers.

I do see your point...They claim to operate "independent" of Lux but i just am not seeing that since JJ left

It would awesome if they did operate independently, but I can't really see that happening when Lux owns Arnette, Ray-Ban, and probably other sunglass companies. Kinda reminds me of Ford buying out Mazda. After the death of the RX-7, Ford wasn't going to let Mazda make another (worthy) sports car, since it would take sales away from (and possibly outdue) the Mustang. Seems like many companies have similar situations when they are bought by someone else. I mean Lux may not have stopped Oakley's crazier projects, but at the same time when was the last OTT or Plate type release? I know there is rumor of one being released sometime this year, but with the way things are going I don't think I'm gonna hold my breath.

Back