• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How often should I wear my TB1

bigaub666

Oakley Enthusiast
Leicester
Hi all
I have a TB1 but generally keep it in my single wide tower on display
I read on a sale post where a member is selling one and they mentioned about the capacitor may need replacing
Is this due to not wearing it that much or wearing it all the time which has caused it to fail ???
I await your combined knowledgable replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most modern batteries have a nasty habit of dying if they fall to zero % power for extended time. Best bet is to charge it up a bit 20% and then pull the button out to stop the watch. Also should shake it once a month just to keep the juice flowing.

Even if the capacitor dies it's a pretty cheap part to replace 20$ and a bit of skill will bring it back to life.

I just replaced a capacitor yesterday and the watch has been running ever since on its own power 24hrs plus now.

Last edited:
Just like everything, it has an expiration/ end date. I have a new unused TB and it still keeps time for a couple hours with no use. I wouldn't worry so much about all that just use it and enjoy it... unless you live in hell... where it's hot and nothing lives... then I wouldn't wear my TB there.

Just let your dog wear it when you're not. That's what I do:

cecd538e022e42b7e9dec0673a2fcce1.jpg

Thanks all
I'll start to wear it at the weekend then on replacing it the tower I'll pull the crown.
Or just let my dog wear it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back