• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How tall are Flak Jacket Lenses?

BigRich

I should Work at Oakley
Walnut Creek, CA
I would love to own flak jackets but they are just too short on my face. I have a pair of half jackets and bottle rocket which are good but I would like something taller to come down further on the face. I have seen talk on the fast jackets being the taller choice. My question is it significantly taller, as in will it be a good fit for the big man?

Not sure if this helps you. But half jackets seem to fit me a little small. Fast jackets are slightly large. Flak jackets fit just right. I can tell a noticeable difference between all three. It's surprising to me that the half jacket and bottle rockets fit you fine, yet you feel that flak jackets are too small. Flaks are noticeably larger than both of those styles in my opinion.

Not sure if this helps you. But half jackets seem to fit me a little small. Fast jackets are slightly large. Flak jackets fit just right. I can tell a noticeable difference between all three. It's surprising to me that the half jacket and bottle rockets fit you fine, yet you feel that flak jackets are too small. Flaks are noticeably larger than both of those styles in my opinion.
I suppose I should clarify what I meant by "fine". I like my bottle rockets and half jacket but would prefer it if they were taller, but they are acceptable. The bags under my eyes peek out beneath a little. :) Now I apparently have the wrong impression on they Flak XLJ as I did not realize they were that tall. I thought the standard Flaks were the smallest of the jackets. It is difficult to tell online. Perhaps I need to do some more homework and hit SGH to actually try them on. I like the Flak jacket style and would be happy if they are well sized.

Back