• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How thick will RX Oakleys actually be? My eyes are BAD

23109VC

Oakley Beginner
I'm looking to get some RX Oakleys.

Due to my eyes being pretty bad, I'm limited to what frames I can get. I want a sport type frame/lens to use whey I road cycle.

Flak 2.0 will fit my RX per Oakley.

-4.75 in one eye, and -5.50 in the other eye. I also have 3.0 degrees of prism in each eye...

any of you out there have bad eyes like me and have a pic of what your glasses looked like? I'm wondering if they will look *weird* due to the frame being so thick? or if it will look fine. I know it's not going to be a skinny piece of plastic like a regular pair of sunglasses...but i'm hoping it is similar in thickness to my eyeglasses which aren't terribly thick.

i'm also wondering if with this RX my sunglasses would be unduly heavy? the ones I"ve treid on in the store are "normal" sunlasses and really light.. i'm hoping that with thicker RX lenses the glasses would not feel too heavy?

I found this video and it made me think that maybe they will actually be fairly thin... but maybe this is just marketing hype?? any info is appreciated..

Oakley Launches True Digital Edge Technology for Prescription Sunglasses – Salt City Optics Prescription Eyewear Blog

thanks.

Last edited:
I'm looking to get some RX Oakleys.

Due to my eyes being pretty bad, I'm limited to what frames I can get. I want a sport type frame/lens to use whey I road cycle.

Flak 2.0 will fit my RX per Oakley.

-4.75 in one eye, and -5.50 in the other eye. I also have 3.0 degrees of prism in each eye...

any of you out there have bad eyes like me and have a pic of what your glasses looked like? I'm wondering if they will look *weird* due to the frame being so thick? or if it will look fine. I know it's not going to be a skinny piece of plastic like a regular pair of sunglasses...but i'm hoping it is similar in thickness to my eyeglasses which aren't terribly thick.

i'm also wondering if with this RX my sunglasses would be unduly heavy? the ones I"ve treid on in the store are "normal" sunlasses and really light.. i'm hoping that with thicker RX lenses the glasses would not feel too heavy?

I found this video and it made me think that maybe they will actually be fairly thin... but maybe this is just marketing hype?? any info is appreciated..

Oakley Launches True Digital Edge Technology for Prescription Sunglasses – Salt City Optics Prescription Eyewear Blog

thanks.
I have RX lenses, though in a less blind configuration , and mine are already thicker than standard non-RX lenses and make fitting the lenses difficult. I don't have any weight issues though.

Sendt fra min SM-N910F med Tapatalk

You have to embrace the RX bro. You'll be wearing oddly true digital edge II.
The last 10-20% of the lens, where it's thickest is cut off. Vision is limited in that area and unusable. But the cosmetics will keep normal people from looking crooked at you.
Jump in bro. The prizm will make each lens thicker in one meridian. If your prism is up or down you'll have a thick top or bottom. If your prism is base out save your money... They'll be gross to look at! If the prizm is base in... Go for it in your RX, no doubt!

Back