• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How To Balance Up An X-Metal?

Ares176

Oakley Expert
Singapore
I just got a Mars. The left ear stem seems to be floating. The Mars is resting on 3 points instead of 4. The ear stems are not bend. What can I do to get them to balance? Thanx.

I had the same problem with one of my juliets. There was a thread here about that. But on the thread it said to work on the nose bridge area and not the arms. Not sure if its the same with the Mars. Tried it, it worked but would go back to being uneven. I just went to oakley and got the frame replaced.

I was thinking if its the nose bridge rubber. But this is a never worn before set only display. My best bet is the rubber deteriorate while on display which cause the imbalance.
I dun think I can get a replacement frame for Mars from Oakley SG...looks like I've to just "season" the rubber unless someone has other ideas.

Mine was bnib them. Straight from the box it was uneven. But the gaps on the nose bridge were obvious. But wearing them were fine. If you are really bothered maybe try Xman. Maybe he could do his magic on your mars..

tweak them back into shape,i have to do it on almost every pair I service.you wont hurt em.its multiple cast pieces of metal screwed togeather with rubber gasketed between them.....go ahead just do it.

The Mars is new too. Was thinking of sending it to X-man for him to work his magic. I also have a Juliet that needs the nose bridge to be tightened and a 24K XX that needs a total overhaul and a new color.
Mark, will you still do it for international customers?

Yeah, it's definitely the nosebridge rubber. I got mine back from Mark and it did that. Just wear them to wear out the rubber.

Yeah, it's definitely the nosebridge rubber. I got mine back from Mark and it did that. Just wear them to wore out the rubber.
Guess I should do just that. Perhaps this is the only xmetal which I'm going to put on normally instead of using the goggle method just to stretch the rubber. And once its trash, it'll be off to the X-man to work his magic. :)

Latest Posts

Back