• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OakleyBoss

Staff member
Premium Member
Administrator
USA
Changing the lenses in your sunglasses can be very useful to adapt to your environment. Whether in sports or everyday life, having the right lens for the weather or conditions can make all the difference. But changing lenses isn’t the same for every pair of Oakleys.
Keep reading as we help you find what type of Oakley frame you have and a step-by-step guide on how to change your lenses.

What Oakley frames feature replaceable lenses?
Most Oakley frames sold today feature replaceable lenses. But based on the type of frame, how you change your lenses will differ.
We’ve broken down the 6 main types of frames below so you can quickly identify which you have.
Types of Oakley Frames
1. Full Rim Twin Lens
These are frames with two distinct lenses (compared to a shield lens), where the rim wraps all the way around the lens. Examples of these frames include the Gascan...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Great article! Makes me more confident to see it in writing!

Only thing I might argue in the wording is... "once unscrewed the lense is easily removable" on X Metals! Have you changed many lenses in the XS, XX, J, and penny frames? That noise it makes when it finally does come out makes my heart murmur in anxiety for hours! I would add in a little more info there like "spread the orbital slightly and grip with a soft cloth around the bottom and get it out first before the top, though each frame is a little different and sometimes the round XX and J pops better from the top. With the XS though it has to come out bottom first! I have little experience with Penny or Mars so someone else might chime in on methods there!

Have a Romeo? No problem... the others are a little tougher than you make it seem.

Great article! Makes me more confident to see it in writing!

Only thing I might argue in the wording is... "once unscrewed the lense is easily removable" on X Metals! Have you changed many lenses in the XS, XX, J, and penny frames? That noise it makes when it finally does come out makes my heart murmur in anxiety for hours! I would add in a little more info there like "spread the orbital slightly and grip with a soft cloth around the bottom and get it out first before the top, though each frame is a little different and sometimes the round XX and J pops better from the top. With the XS though it has to come out bottom first! I have little experience with Penny or Mars so someone else might chime in on methods there!

Have a Romeo? No problem... the others are a little tougher than you make it seem.

Haha thats a fair point, will edit to add in those details!

Back