• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How To Clean Microfiber Bags

i wash mine by hand. i usually put a dab of tide in a cup, fill with warm water and soak them for an hour or so. agitate a little, rinse out, and hang to dry. works like a charm but i really dont let them get too didrty.

alright guys this is what works best - mild hand soap and warm water. wrinse, scrub thoroughly, make sure to fill the sock up repeatedly, flip it inside out etc. Hang to Air-dry (dont blow dry- first of all hairdriers blow lots of dust around, secondly you can burn the fabric).

youll be surprised how grimy they are. the water will be brown or black in some cases, esp if you havent washed them in ages. and youll notice how well they clean afterwards!

lemme know how you go guys!

I go this route with one exception. I don't use dish or regular laundry detergent. Use a cap full of woolite or other fine-fabric detergent. They are made for hand-washing in a sink basin, and designed for using on fine lingerie. Ask your girlfriend, she oughta know what this stuff is. It comes in a bottle in the laundry detergent aisle.

I am using hand soap and warm water....but i swear I still get some swirls (can't really see when wearing, but can when off) on the lenses when I use the oakley cleaner....should I use a different soap?

I'm about to wash my microfiber bag. I'm inclined to follow the tips on using hand soap since it seems mild enough. However won't the moisturizer, aloe, germicides, etc. damage the bag? How do I ensure it doesn't contain such items (assuming nothing on the bottle says it does)? Thanks.

I use Dawn dishwashing detergent. I wash once with Dawn, then again, then rinse completely about 4 times and hang dry. I would not use a hand soap for the reason (s) that you noted but rinsing several times would probably remove most of those residues.
My .02

Baby shampoo...or Dr bronners. Milder is better, and just wash and rewash until clean.

Unless your bag is silly grimy and oily, I wouldn't use dawn, other dish detergents or laundry detergents. Some contain mild abrasives that could transfer and scratch up you lenses!!

Latest Posts

Back