• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to clean or light polish juliet plasma frame back to like new condition

I will say this we a very huge disclaimer.

*** DON'T DO THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE THE FRAMES COMPLETELY DISASSEMBLED......AND YES THIS MEANS THE NOSE BRIDGE PINS AS WELL***

Basically if you are in need of a tune and you want to TRY to restore the finish you can attempt this. If you do you need to really be careful

You really have to babysit these otherwise the acid will strip what finish you have off. If you start to see a purplish color coming off your frames......better get them out or you end up with what I call "raw" finish.

I have no way to reference how long it will take. I estimated about 24 hours to remove the finish completely but depending on your gen it could be sooner or it could be later. I believe I removed the finish on 3 within 24hrs that were gen 3/4 plasma.

You can try some less harsh stuff like a degreaser but I would not soak your orbitals/nosebridge in any liquid or you might need to get a nosebridge job sooner that expected

Any recommendations on cleaning lenses? Most of the time I would use soap and run my glasses under hot water but I feel if I do that regularly with the xmetal line i will be needing to many tuneups.
Cleaning solution/kit sold at any Oakley store for $15.

Lifetime fluid refills, until Lux decides they'll start charging for refills

Hey man, I am not trying to post in the wrong thread, but you sent me a message asking how much my Xsquared were and there was no way for me to reply. I think Xsquared go between $300.00 to $375.00. These are in stupid awesome shape. When you open them and close them it feels brand new. All new rubbers and gadgets. They are one of my favs but hard times so have to sell. How about $350.00?

Eighth Main.JPG

Hey man, I am not trying to post in the wrong thread, but you sent me a message asking how much my Xsquared were and there was no way for me to reply. I think Xsquared go between $300.00 to $375.00. These are in stupid awesome shape. When you open them and close them it feels brand new. All new rubbers and gadgets. They are one of my favs but hard times so have to sell. How about $350.00?

View attachment 646708
Do you have the original box and coin with it?

Back