• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to clean or light polish juliet plasma frame back to like new condition

Gjt777

Oakley Enthusiast
I am curious on what is the best way to clean my plasma juliet frames or even polish them. They are in great condition and they shouldnt need to much TLC. But I am not sure what the best route to go is. Normally I would send them to the xman but these are in great shape and I feel it shouldnt take much to get them to 100%. I am also interested in the process to clean up the polished frame as well.

Hammer first?

No that would destroy a good frame. That’s definitely not what you want hopefully anyway. On a serious note Post up a picture of what it is you are trying to clean to see if it can be cleaned or if it would need a re finish.

No that would destroy a good frame. That’s definitely not what you want hopefully anyway. On a serious note Post up a picture of what it is you are trying to clean to see if it can be cleaned or if it would need a re finish.
You can't really tell in the pictures but the best way I would describe it as it looks more dull then my other plasmas

20190819_195100.jpg

I've cleaned my frames with very hot water, dish soap and a microfiber towel. the stripped frames I even dunk in boiling water but I don't recommend that as I worry that it would accelerate the breakdown of the nose bridge rubber. I even use a brillo pad for the earstem sections under the earsocks. they do come out lighter than when they go in.

I've cleaned my frames with very hot water, dish soap and a microfiber towel. the stripped frames I even dunk in boiling water but I don't recommend that as I worry that it would accelerate the breakdown of the nose bridge rubber. I even use a brillo pad for the earstem sections under the earsocks. they do come out lighter than when they go in.
Thanks I definitely noticed a difference with the hot water and dish soap. I was hesitant to even to that because I dont want to wear the nose bridge gasket out! I had just set them to dry in front of the fan before I ready your message. I will probably try to lightly dremel them tomorrow with some meguires ultimate polish as well to top it off.

Any recommendations on cleaning lenses? Most of the time I would use soap and run my glasses under hot water but I feel if I do that regularly with the xmetal line i will be needing to many tuneups.

Latest Posts

Back