• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to fix: STICKY NOSE RUBBERS? | Oakley Straight Jacket

V1P3R_Z029

Oakley Beginner
Hi all,
I've got these pair of Oakleys purchased from 2011. I believe they are Oakley Straight Jacket (correct me if I'm wrong).

Oakley Straight _Front lens_001.jpg
Oakley Straight_Front Angled_002.jpg

>Only worn less than half-dozen times.>Last wore them the same year it was purchased. Only kept in storage every since.
>After opening them once again in a long time, I discovered the nose rubbers have a sticky residue which can't simply be wiped off with water/alcohol.

How do I wipe the residue off effectively? Or do I just buy a set of replacement nose rubbers?
Honestly, I'm pretty much keen to sell these off straight away lol since I'm not using them ever again. (Not sure how much these pair would go on the 2nd-hand market).

Would really appreciate any helpful suggestions! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Cheers all! 🙌🏼

Pics below showcasing the nose rubbers...
Oakley Straight_Nose rubbers_003.jpg
Oakley Straight_Nose rubbers_004.jpg

Here's a bonus image that shows the serial no. (?) & size measurements:

Oakley Straight_Serial_005.jpg

Would also definitely appreciate if anyone could pinpoint this exact model name & make. 😅 They were a pair bought for me when I was a teen who had little-to-no sense of eyewear style... Thankfully, I was sensible enough to keep them til this day haha

Wipe em with a alcohol damp cloth.
Do try that nonsense like boiling them.

Most likely you will need new once.
After wiping them with alcohol solution, they still feel sticky even though the residue has been wiped off. It's as if the rubbers have disintegrated or something. Currently, it's quite unpleasant to wear them. 😕

Back