• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to identify a case?

delfindle

Oakley Beginner
I've been checking out the forum and the various cases out there. I acquired a display case several years back and it's followed me through a few moves and now just houses some really random stuff. I'd love to be able to identify if there is a model number or something that identifies age or type, is there a way to do this? Are there any particular things that or more or less desirable? In the next 6 months I'll likely be moving and I think at that point i'd probably just try to sell it as I'm not attached as I used to be but would love to get some background on what it is I actually have.

Thanks in advance!

20160309_181600.jpg

That's a X-metal single wide/ or also known as the mega tower. They made two types, 1 with two drawers on the bottom that pull out like a file cabinet and the the one you have with the doors. they value around 100 to 400 usually, unless you sell it on eBay which then most people think it's gold and try to sell it for allot more.

Nice cabinet!!

What you have is single wide tower. Some will call it an X-metal display tower (or mega tower) because the styling and time period is close to X-metals and it resembles the X-metal Vault. Some just call it an Aluminum single wide. Cases are desirable, but sales are tough because of shipping difficulties. The preferred style is dependent on individual taste, but you do have one of my favorites. I'd say the "spine" cases and the stretch line cases would be the most desirable. Very nice case!

That's a X-metal single wide/ or also known as the mega tower. They made two types, 1 with two drawers on the bottom that pull out like a file cabinet and the the one you have with the doors. they value around 100 to 400 usually, unless you sell it on eBay which then most people think it's gold and try to sell it for allot more.

Nice cabinet!!
You beat me...

Nice cabinet!!

Yikes, I mean I know you can buy pretty much anything on Ebay but potential shipping on something like this seems a little crazy.

I just checked my local Craigslist and people are selling these for $725 - $950, whhaaat? I know something is only worth what another will pay but that's insane then right? If that's the going rate I'll post mine for sale right now, geesh

Unfortunetly as much as they are selling it at that high of a price, it usually never gets sold, and sits there on Craigslist and eBay for a very long time, or until they take it down. You will find a lot of thiese cases sell for 100 too 200, and most people especially on here won't spend much more then that on it, you will find most everything on Craigslist and eBay are way over priced "hence, my **** is Gold" attitude. I'm not saying don't try too sell yours high, just saying it probably won't sell at anything over 400, and if it dose you found that sucker!!! :gotcha:

Easy to tell ANY cabinet...

They fall into two categories:

1. RoTor's case
2. RoTor's future case

:D

That single wide appears to be nice and clean with no scuffs.

You will find some variances in the lower part either the one you have with a single hinged door OR two pull out drawers. I also have another one that is built slightly different than the other two where the aluminum appears to be doubled up. I will try to see about uploading some pics.

It's single wide or a mega tower as some have said.

Please don't call it an X-Metal tower or use X-Metal, Oakley never used that term with them. The display had nothing to do with the X-Metal series, that term is only used on eBay (for more hits) and on here by the uninformed.

It's single wide or a mega tower as some have said.

Please don't call it an X-Metal tower or use X-Metal, Oakley never used that term with them. The display had nothing to do with the X-Metal series, that term is only used on eBay (for more hits) and on here by the uninformed.

Well said.

Back