• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to identify Prizm lens model (Trail, Road, Golf, Baseball, ...)

jrhoads23

Oakley Beginner
Newbie here... I have searched around and I was wondering if it is possible to identify what Prizm "model" a lenses is when all you have is the lens? I am not talking about the shape (Path vs Pitch) I am talking about the sport specific (Trail vs Road vs Golf ...) Some are pretty obvious but for example the Trail and the Golf look very similar.

If you have the frame they came with, you can look up the model via the SKU and get a pretty good idea which one it is (assuming no one swapped out the original lenses with a different one), but if all you have is the lens itself, is there a way to identify which sport specific one it is? I am guessing Oakley doesnt etch a SKU on the lens itself that can be looked up. And it is very difficult to take a photo of them and get an accurate pic of them to post online for people to help

Once you own a few it gets pretty easy to tell them apart. Take a look at these two,

golf222.jpg
trail222.jpg

Newbie here... I have searched around and I was wondering if it is possible to identify what Prizm "model" a lenses is when all you have is the lens? I am not talking about the shape (Path vs Pitch) I am talking about the sport specific (Trail vs Road vs Golf ...) Some are pretty obvious but for example the Trail and the Golf look very similar.

If you have the frame they came with, you can look up the model via the SKU and get a pretty good idea which one it is (assuming no one swapped out the original lenses with a different one), but if all you have is the lens itself, is there a way to identify which sport specific one it is? I am guessing Oakley doesnt etch a SKU on the lens itself that can be looked up. And it is very difficult to take a photo of them and get an accurate pic of them to post online for people to help
Trail has a persimmon like base (orange) ... golf has a G30 like base (pink)

Prizm golf- slight hue of green mixed into the pink/yellow hue

Prizm trail - pink/orange hue
If you see green when looking at the lens from an angle its golf lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have both golf and trail lens. The golf changes color around the edges. You can see in the example photos too.

I'm curious how the Golf lens differs from the Sapphire Prizm Polarized? Unless the only real difference is the polarization.

Also pretty sure Golf and Sapphire lenses are quite different looking from the outside.

Yea i should have been more specific, i meant from the wearer's perspective, not the exterior color.

I'm surprised that the golf one seems to mute all of the colors. I would have expected the grass to be greener with the Golf lenses.

Back